Community discussions

MikroTik App

Surtpp
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE reconnect issues after 24hour forced drop / 2011UAS-2H

Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:52 am

Hello,

running 5.22 and 6rc6 I experience issues with the PPPoE client, it is not reconnecting properly after the PPPoE session is droped every 24 hours by the ISP. PPPoE connection works just fine, the issues is what happens after the session ends.

What happens is that after 24 hours the session is dopped by the ISP. Then the PPPoE client tries to reconnect and fails, and it tries to reconnect and fails forever, hundreds of times. My solution is to disable the PPPoE client by hand and then to re-enable it: then PPPoE connection is made again and everything works just fine, until ofcourse the next 24 hours are gone.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to tell the PPPoE client not to try to connection immediately, perhaps to wait 2 seconds after a session is lost, THEN to reconnect, and if that fails maybe wait a few more seconds, and if it fails 10 times to just wait a minute, not to keep trying as fast as possible forever and ever.

How can I do this? Forgive the possibly naive question as I am new to ROS.

Thank you.

king2
just joined

Re: PPPoE reconnect issues after 24hour forced drop / 2011UA

Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:28 pm

I've met same problem while using PPPoE scan feature.
With PPPoE logging turned on, I can see messages "address already in use (6)" .
Reboot always helps, 100% repeatability for me (RB2011UAS-2NhD-IN / 6.0rc6).