Community discussions

MikroTik App

Trekkie
Topic Author

493G Software Reset?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 pm

So I'm experimenting with my new 493G board and discovered the null modem cable I have doesn't happen to be in my office today. I was setting things up and made a mistake, and now can't hit the eth1 192.168.88.1 address to fix my stupidity. The quick start mentions a reset jumper but it's not labeled on the diagram and would like to not short things/wipe the NAND chip out pushing the wrong thing/jumpering the wrong thing

Is there a 'soft reset' that wipes it back to the basic default I can do without the serial console? I can get the cable and do it, just i have to drive for about an hour round trip to do it and was hoping to avoid having to do that. The quick start mentions a reset jumper but it's not labeled on the diagram and would like to not short things out pushing the wrong thing/jumpering the wrong thing

Thanks

Dobby

Re: 493G Software Reset?

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Deleted because not related.
Last edited by Dobby on Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trekkie
Topic Author

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Thank you. Yes I'm getting the cable, normally have one but a co-worker 'borrowed' it :) I'm chaining it to my desk :)

Thank you, saved me a trip and I'm now learning the configuration settings of the device. Fun for a friday afternoon

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 am

So I'm experimenting with my new 493G board and discovered the null modem cable I have doesn't happen to be in my office today. I was setting things up and made a mistake, and now can't hit the eth1 192.168.88.1 address to fix my stupidity. The quick start mentions a reset jumper but it's not labeled on the diagram and would like to not short things/wipe the NAND chip out pushing the wrong thing/jumpering the wrong thing

Is there a 'soft reset' that wipes it back to the basic default I can do without the serial console? I can get the cable and do it, just i have to drive for about an hour round trip to do it and was hoping to avoid having to do that. The quick start mentions a reset jumper but it's not labeled on the diagram and would like to not short things out pushing the wrong thing/jumpering the wrong thing

Thanks
You can connect to your RB via mac address using winbox and set the IP back ... in the winbox window, after coonect to window, next to connect button there is a button with three dots (...) click it, wait a while and click on mac address (NOT IP!!) displayed next to your routerboard... sometimes it does not work on eth1 but try other eth ports... this method is slower than connecting to an IP but it will help you restore / reset your settings.

JF