Community discussions

MikroTik App

hci
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

uPNP and NAT Issue

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:26 am

Have some foscam cameras on my internal network. Using a Mikrotik as a wifi router and it does PPPoE to obtain a dynamic IP address. The foscam cameras use uPnP to configure DST-NAT rules. This all works fine unless I try to connect to them from inside the network. If I try to connect with an iphone ap to the public IP and port the camera is on it cannot connect. If I try from outside the network it works fine. Any fix for this? Am I doing something wrong in masqurade?

DaSnoop
just joined

Re: uPNP and NAT Issue

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:45 am

Have some foscam cameras on my internal network. Using a Mikrotik as a wifi router and it does PPPoE to obtain a dynamic IP address. The foscam cameras use uPnP to configure DST-NAT rules. This all works fine unless I try to connect to them from inside the network. If I try to connect with an iphone ap to the public IP and port the camera is on it cannot connect. If I try from outside the network it works fine. Any fix for this? Am I doing something wrong in masqurade?

would you not have to have a NAT-loopback??? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_ad ... T-loopback