MikroTik App

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WIFI, Guests and WPA2

Mon May 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Hello

I want to provide WIFI access to my guests. I want also that they use a secured (WPA2/PSK for example) SSID, and i want each of them to have a specific passphrase.
This is doable with Radius server and Mikrotik-Wireless-Psk attribute, but i got a problem: the username. It appears from the Wiki that the username must be the guest MAC Address.
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:In ... entication

From a practical point of view, it's complicated to get guests MAC addresses, so i was wondering if there was a workaround? i.e. i give Mr Foo a printed ticket with an unique passphrase like 556151656565 and he connects to the secure guest SSID with this passphrase without further manipulation for him.
Is that possible?

Thanks

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WIFI, Guests and WPA2

Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Any word on this?

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 am

Nope; i finally used some workaround with a daily changing passphrase. It looks like what i described is not possible.

DWJ
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I am surprised you have not got thid figured out over the last 6 months.

What you want is possiable.

Go into Winbox select IP then Hotspot, under servers, do you have a hotspot service?

If not click on hotspot setup and then setup a hotspot service and either2 with a address pool and no cert.

You can check the manual under hotspot for more information and doing this in terminal