Community discussions

MikroTik App

esicomtech
just joined
Topic Author

Auto-Renew Policy Assistance

Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:41 am

I must say, so far I am quite impressed with Mikrotik and this support forum. I hope what I need to achieve is achievable..

I am a novice with this product so please excuse my ignorance if I ask for something basic.

I am using the hotspot feature (someone else did the main config) and have setup two profiles for users; one with a 10Gb download limit per month and one with a 20Gb download limit per month. I have also setup a paypal purchase of 10Gb in case they run out before the end of their contract month (not calendar month).

I need the system to be able to automatically renew their previous "normal" profile at midnight on the next contract month, regardless if they purchased another 10Gb. For example;

User A signs up on the 12th of Aug on a 10Gb/month plan. On the 11th of Sep at midnight, even if they have not used all their quota up, the counters are zeroed and they start a fresh month with 10Gb. User A then uses up their 10Gb/month 5 days before the next contract month so they purchase an additional 10Gb top up. Again on the 11th at midnight, it zeroes everything (including the purchased 10Gb) and starts a new month.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance. :)