Community discussions

MikroTik App

BiRkan
just joined
Topic Author

Integrated Mikrotik with Active Directory

Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi friends,
I have a RB850Gx2 Router and i configured it as a hotspot. Also I have a active directory domain environment. It is working on Microsoft Server 2012 R2.
I want to integrate Active Directory users as a hotspot users.
I searched internet about this, there are some articles about Internet Authentication Service. But there is not Internet Authentication Service in Microsoft Server 2012.
How can I do this, is that possible?

mpreissner

Re: Integrated Mikrotik with Active Directory

Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi friends,
I have a RB850Gx2 Router and i configured it as a hotspot. Also I have a active directory domain environment. It is working on Microsoft Server 2012 R2.
I searched internet about this, there are some articles about Internet Authentication Service. But there is not Internet Authentication Service in Microsoft Server 2012.
Starting with Server 2008 and beyond, Microsoft changed IAS to NPS. Install the NPS role on your 2012 server, and configure the MikroTik unit to use it as the RADIUS server for authentication.

BiRkan
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:37 am

Hi friends,
Starting with Server 2008 and beyond, Microsoft changed IAS to NPS. Install the NPS role on your 2012 server, and configure the MikroTik unit to use it as the RADIUS server for authentication.
Thanks for answer. Do u have a document about configuring NPS for MikroTik?

mpreissner

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Search the forum and search Google. Plenty of people have done this.

Begetan
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:37 am

Search the forum and search Google. Plenty of people have done this.
Just to inform you guys. Please never put messages like this to any public forums, because I got link to this topic first from Google. And there is no answer or working links here.

Quite stupid, yeah.

AnRkey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:55 pm

Don't be silly. This is an old thread. Of course links will break over time. That doesn't mean we should not post them or have a discussion about them.