Community discussions

MikroTik App

utvptrca
just joined
Topic Author

Re-flash an RB750Gr-2 (hEX)

Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi. One of my hEX Mikrotik units seems to have gone to a state from where I can no longer recover it, without a good old re-flash.
Reset to factory defaults does not work.
Unit no longer beeps when powering up and/or connecting to its ethernet ports.
Tried NetInstall but that does not work either. Even with a static entry on the ARP table.
With Wireshark or tcpdump I can see it storming BOOTP requests, but it seems to be stuck. Although it is being answered (I am using TFTP32 on Windows, but previously I tried NetInstall and even a TFTP daemon on *nix and OS X), it is not picking up an IP nor is it trying to download the image file.

From the forums I see that the NetInstall+static ARP entry is the way to go, but it is not working for me. Now the hEX is a lovely piece of kit, but all 3 of my units were always quirky. I was successfully able to recover, with more or less pain/time, up until now.

So, although it is a not supported procedure and because the warranty has passed (it SHOULD have 24 months of warranty in EU, but neither Mikrotik nor its distributors actually honor it - but hey I am not complaining... I know the things is kinda too cheap to actually support), would a good soul amongst you be able to provide an hEX flash dump so that I could re-flash my unit?

Thanks.