Community discussions

MikroTik App

blingblouw
Topic Author

More LCD

Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:43 pm

So just a request

I would love for an LCD screen to appear on the hap/hap ac lite/hap ac product range. SO often we get customers complaining that the internet is slow and we need to go into their account and show them that they are maxing their lines out. Its really becoming an issue. People are not tech savvy enough to login to the router but a screen on the router showing how much traffic is moving through it would be great (for us atleast).

Plus these guys are so cheap now, I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for an LCD model. Doesn't even need touch screen.

Please :)

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: More LCD

Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 pm

I guess you would configure the LCD to show the stats you want them to know about. But they can't open up a web browser?

blingblouw
Topic Author

Re: More LCD

Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:45 pm

Pretty much.

I think its a bit much to expect someone who says the internet is slow, to open a browser either login to our system (to which I can garuntee atleast 50% of them just dont do) or login to a router and try navigate to the correct screen and then try understand it.

All our routers are preconfigured, so its not an issue.

I don't feel like this is some outrageous request. How many MT routers have LCD right now?

There are a lot of of other use cases.

Image (if there was more control of LCD) you have a public WIFI hotspot and simply want to change the WPA2-PSK every day, the LCD could be configured to display the password. That would be almost zero over head from a small business perspective. There are lots of use cases, i for one would love the option