Community discussions

MikroTik App

regan
just joined
Topic Author

geode sc1100 and external login

Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:09 am

Hi all,

We have recently moved our wireless network to a mikrotik based system and so far its been working well (good learning curve too).

However we still have some of our old equipment left over (geode sc1100 with atheros) and would like to implement it in our system. We have managed to get the RouterOS up and running fine, users logging in etc etc from the hotspot pages but when I try to authenticate to our external RADIUS server I end up in a world of pain. I have managed to locate the problem to the fact the RADUIS is not getting the variables from the radio

I am using the recommended settings (just like on the routerboard radios) and using the HTTP_VIA on the RADIUS to pull the data, but it wont pick it up from the geode radios.

Any ideas out there?

Reg

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:18 am

Do you need RADIUS AAA for wireless AP clients or for HotSpot ?
Make sure that you have enabled RADIUS for the clients, wireless requires security configuration for the appropriate server, HotSpot requires 'use-radius=yes' for the profile.
Additionally RADIUS client has to be enabled for the respective service.

regan
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:33 pm

Its all turned on and configured , i have even tried taking a known working configuration from a routerboard radio and ghosting (for lack of a better term) onto the Geode radio.

Obviously the Geode radio can authenticate users tot he radius from the local hotspot pages but i find it very strange that the RADUIS can't use the HTTP_VIA to request the POST data from the radio.

Below is the code on the RADIUS, the code on the Radios is the recommended FORM for external authentication

if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_VIA'])) {
	$wifispot = explode(' ',$_SERVER['HTTP_VIA']);
	$smarty->assign('wifispot',$wifispot[1]);

$smarty->assign('macaddress',$_REQUEST['mac']);
	$smarty->assign('wifiidentiy',$_REQUEST['identiy']);
	$smarty->assign('refererlink',$_REQUEST['link-orig']);
	$smarty->assign('trialok',$_REQUEST['trial']);
	$smarty->assign('usererror',$_REQUEST['hserror']);
	$smarty->assign('userip',$_REQUEST['ip']);

regan
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 am

I have changes my HTTP_VIA to HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR and it seems to be working, not the optimal way but it is working. I would rather use HTTP_VIA so ill keep on it.