Community discussions

MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

ROS v3 RC 1

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:24 pm

Release Candidate 1 is released. If no serious problems are found, it will become the final release. Usually there are several RCs until all is finalized.

Some important changes:

What's new in 3.0rc1:
*) enable routing package on upgrade - to fix upgrade from 2.9 version
where routing-test package was used;
*) console - parser now accepts newlines as CR, LF, CR+LF, this fixes import;
*) user manager - using +/- image for group field show/hide instead of
confusing checkbox;
*) fixed bug - usb devices did not work;
*) console - added tab key completions in editor;
*) fixed slowness of RB112/RB133C during bootup (introduced in 3.0beta9);
*) console - fixed variable name lookup;
*) console - added back '/setup' command;
*) console - added '/system script environment';
*) console - fixed wireless interface configuration export;
*) integrated MAC Ping in to regular Ping in WinBox;
*) added support for Marvell IDE controller that is embeded in new Intel motherboards;
*) fixed bug - for routes received via RIP nexthop was invalid in some cases;
*) added 'get' tool for downloading files to router via HTTP or FTP;
*) console - some properties could not be set via API, fixed;
*) user manager - fixed bug for PayPal payments with user data containing
specific characters;
*) ip proxy - setting parent proxy did not work;
*) fixed bug - dst-active was not updated after time update by NTP;
*) console:
fixed 'do' arguments in '/tool bandwidth-test' and other
commands;
inside expressions variables can be referenced without putting
'$' before variable name;
'find' commands have new argument 'where' that allows to write
filtering condition as console expression;
when entering commands from prompt, global variables can be used without
declaring them;

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ROS v3 RC 1

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:48 pm

Where's the ISO gone? ;-)
Will it be added?

And: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the get tool (HTTP/FTP)!

Best regards,
Christian Meis

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:57 pm

Where's the ISO gone? ;-)
Will it be added?

And: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the get tool (HTTP/FTP)!

Best regards,
Christian Meis
there is a bug in the CD iso. When we will fix it we will put it on the web. Probably on monday.
For now you can use Netinstall.

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Thanks for the info. That was just for completeness, as I have a fairly complete RouterOS software archive here ;-) (I think back to at least 2.5 :-D)

Best regards,
Christian Meis

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:20 pm

What happened to the webproxy package?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:17 pm

What happened to the webproxy package?
It is integrated into the system package.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:21 pm

"added 'get' tool for downloading files to router via HTTP or FTP;"

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!! I love you guys!

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:54 pm

how do you use it though ?

/tool get address=10.0.0.74 path=test.rsc
error - contact MikroTik support and send a supout file (2)

It almost looks like the 'get' command is confused with the normal 'get'.

[master@cip-hotty] /> /tool get
Returns value of given item's property.

address --
append --
as-value -- don't print, put in return value. implies 'once'
do --
file --
interval --
mode --
once -- print statistics once and quit
password --
path --
port --
user --

Reefbum
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:01 pm

the web proxy is there but I don't see a way to disable it in the packages anymore.

Also in the web proxy settings the Total Disk Size and Free Disk Space is reading the size of my 512MB CF primary drive running ROS, but I have set web proxy to use a 120GB IDE secondary slave HDD.
Should web proxy read the size of this secondary HDD rather than the small primary used for ROS?

sokolov
just joined

Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:39 pm

I have some troubles to format 256MB CF in RB532A CF Slot. Actually it takes to long. same is for check disk.
is there transparent proxy option ?, or we should redirect traffic to proxy port ?

Thanks
Zarko
Skopje Wireless Network - Macedonia

butche
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:27 am

/tool get address=10.0.0.74 path=test.rsc
error - contact MikroTik support and send a supout file (2)
I was on the way to the forums to see if I was the only one to see this issue. I tried MANY combinations, but never got it right.

I have waited for this tool for a LONG time! Any chance we'll see a "put" as well?

blt

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:42 pm

I put to my RB5xx (new version) routerboard and tragedy.....CPU go 100% Internet very slow, the winbox very slow and few time disconnect and RB looks reboot.
Downgrade to 2.9.44 works fine again. And the download from Mikrotik site (separate package Intel/AMD) come very bad. First go fast after slow down.

Giepie

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:23 pm

I put to my RB5xx (new version) routerboard and tragedy.....CPU go 100% Internet very slow, the winbox very slow and few time disconnect and RB looks reboot.
Downgrade to 2.9.44 works fine again. And the download from Mikrotik site (separate package Intel/AMD) come very bad. First go fast after slow down.

I had the same problem. I also upgraded to Rc1, and CPU goes to 100% (on a P4 2.4GHz with 1GB RAM). After a while, though, the CPU came down to normal. I reckon there was background upgrades or something going on, as this is a User Manager PC.

Another problem I have, I loaded Rc1 NS on a RB532 Rc4. Now the RB is continuously rebooting. I get about 2-3 ping replies, then the RB reboots. I have to go back to the high site tomorrow to fix using net install.

rpingar
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:52 pm

I upgraded my test nodes those were using b10 and now they seems better, the memory leak seems went away.

Tomorrow I will test on a rb133c cpe. Up to b10 no one was able to run correctly as cpe hope they fixed the isssue.

Regards
Ros

slipstream1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:24 pm

RB112 SR9 connected to AP with 2.9.44. Upgrade to v3 RC1, connection will not come back. Station will not find the AP and RB112 CPU shoots to 100% and becomes very unresponsive in Winbox. Link is 3 miles -79 on 2.9.44 w/ 9 dbi yagi station and 14 dbi sector AP. Data to default and configured to lowest speed settings. Power configured to default. Very disappointing for a RC.

butche
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:07 pm

RB112 CPU shoots to 100% and becomes very unresponsive in Winbox.
I don't know what you upgraded from, but one common issue with the older (beta) releases was that the dude package was installed and turned on by default. Those that are seeing processor issues may want to check and be sure that is turned off.

Letni

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:13 am

I have noticed the CPU usage on my RB532 almost constantly flips between 3% to 100%. I did not have this issue in 2.9.44.

It would be nice to have a processor list to see which process is causing the issue.

Is something like this worth submitting a supout.rif and sending it to support?

-Louis

Giepie

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:36 am

I have noticed the CPU usage on my RB532 almost constantly flips between 3% to 100%. I did not have this issue in 2.9.44.

It would be nice to have a processor list to see which process is causing the issue.

Is something like this worth submitting a supout.rif and sending it to support?

-Louis

I really like your idea of a process list, like in Windows. Then one could see if your eg queues, PPP sessions, NAT Rules or whatever is causing high CPU usage.

Mikrotik? :)

slipstream1
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:19 am

I don't know what you upgraded from, but one common issue with the older (beta) releases was that the dude package was installed and turned on by default. Those that are seeing processor issues may want to check and be sure that is turned off.
I upgraded from 2.9.44. I cannot see anywhere where the Dude is enabled. Where would the switch be? It does not show up in the packages.

Giepie

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:33 am

I upgraded from 2.9.44. I cannot see anywhere where the Dude is enabled. Where would the switch be? It does not show up in the packages.
Go to /system/packages and disable it there. Upon your next reboot it will be disabled.

G

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:34 am

I have some troubles to format 256MB CF in RB532A CF Slot. Actually it takes to long. same is for check disk.
is there transparent proxy option ?, or we should redirect traffic to proxy port ?

Thanks
Zarko
formating works fine. maybe CF faulty?

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:13 am

OK. Just wanted to line up with the guys having no clue how to use the shiny blinky new "get" command.

Tried lots of variants, but always ran against a wall.

Anyone?

Apart from that: I upgraded a RB532 from 2.9.44 to 3.0RC1, and do have zero problems with cpu load...
For those having cpu load problems: perhaps try to do a system reset (clear config) and start over again. I seem to remember that there were some similar issues with upgrading from 2.8.x. to 2.9?!!?

Best regards,
Christian Meis

kujtimhajredini

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:38 pm

Can somebody verify if he is having same problem:
The ethernet 1 (port1) stops forwarding traffic for some time and again works after some period. This is not having problem with port 2 of ethernet which is part of the bridge.
I have the fallowing. RB532, ROS V3RC1, configured as WDS bridge.

nuclearcat
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:12 pm

I had something similar. Do you have any queues?

kujtimhajredini

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:24 pm

No queues, no nothing, just pure configured bridge. I was having losses also from localy from cable connected workstation to the RB. With Ether2, no problem. As i know first ethernet has different chipset rather two ethernet ports of RB532. Maybe it could be a problem with the driver of the ethernet1. I also tried to change port setting to half duplex. Hopefully anyone from Mikrotik team will check this issue on their lab.

nuclearcat
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:55 am

Yes, it looks something in bridge. I will remove bridge on my system now and will see if it works fine.

Btw at my place issue with "stopped traffic for some time" was caused by system reboot. It was stopped, just because Mikrotik rebooted. No supout actually was generated.

Update: It didn't help. Possible 12V not enough or my power supply just busted, i will bring tomorrow multimeter and check voltage and etc.

mkbatur

Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:18 am

I tryed ROS v3 RC 1 but sometimes CPU %100, sometimes CPU is normal.

GWISA

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 pm

Problems we have experienced -
  • firewall filter rules set up with a script all change to 'invalid' after a few seconds.
    If each rule is opened & copied, the copy stays active & works fine. If the rule is set up from scratch, it is also fine.
  • Terminal window has no scroll bars! This is really irritating, as you can't scroll back in long prints, and you can't use the up arrow to go back...
  • Firewall mangle seems all screwy - clicking 'ok' does nothing, so you click it again... then some time later all of a sudden a whole lot of rules appear for the same number of clicks
    Seems any change in mangle takes a while to update winbox
  • mangle rules sometimes get duplicated when creating in winbox, even with a single-click

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Problems we have experienced -
  • firewall filter rules set up with a script all change to 'invalid' after a few seconds.
    If each rule is opened & copied, the copy stays active & works fine. If the rule is set up from scratch, it is also fine.
  • Terminal window has no scroll bars! This is really irritating, as you can't scroll back in long prints, and you can't use the up arrow to go back...
  • Firewall mangle seems all screwy - clicking 'ok' does nothing, so you click it again... then some time later all of a sudden a whole lot of rules appear for the same number of clicks
    Seems any change in mangle takes a while to update winbox
  • mangle rules sometimes get duplicated when creating in winbox, even with a single-click
not sure about the first one, maybe script is incorrect?
the rest are confirmed, thanks!

GWISA

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:13 pm

thanks normis...

We have had the same set of rules working on 2.9, but will double-check my script & let you know... or mail it to support for confirmation.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:16 pm

thanks normis...

We have had the same set of rules working on 2.9, but will double-check my script & let you know... or mail it to support for confirmation.
the scripting could have changed over the majour release. I'm not a scripting expert, let someone else clarify, or ask in the scripting section

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:00 pm

thanks normis...

the scripting could have changed over the majour release. I'm not a scripting expert, let someone else clarify, or ask in the scripting section
IMHO the script engine has been changed (in a way which causes the scripts may not work when moved from 2.9.x to 3.0 or vice versa). I tried to write a larger script and started it on 3.0 BETA since the on-line syntax checker is very good help for someone who isn't very familiar with MT scripting language. But since the 3.00 was not released yet the script must work on 2.9.xx now. And the script written on 3.0 doesn't work on 2.9 (sure some short scripts will work).

The differences between 2.9 and 3.0 script langue I marked down are (some of them may be my mistakes or so and most of them was not tested on 3.0RC1):
- 3.0 supports variables inside the string (:put "Value:$value"). 2.9.x doesn't
- 2.9.x editor removes empty lines
- when writing arithmetic expressions in 2.9.x you have to place spaces around '+' '-' etc (':set a ($a+1)' doesn;t work)
- in 2.9.x some characters have to be escaped in strings. One have to write :log info "blabla \(aaaaa\) blabla". It looks like [](){} and maybe others have tpo be escaped. 3.0 can show syntax error when such escaped seuences occurs! (try :local variable [:tostr ("\[noip\],\[nomac\],\[noint\]") versus :local variable [:tostr ("[noip],[nomac],[noint]"] ). I think it is a bug in 3.0 scripting engine (although I was told by MT's support that it is a feature)

Than there are some bigger changes (like 'function' support via parse command in 3.00 and others)
Regards
Dalibor Toman

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:33 pm

- in 2.9.x some characters have to be escaped in strings. One have to write :log info "blabla \(aaaaa\) blabla". It looks like [](){} and maybe others have tpo be escaped. 3.0 can show syntax error when such escaped seuences occurs! (try :local variable [:tostr ("\[noip\],\[nomac\],\[noint\]") versus :local variable [:tostr ("[noip],[nomac],[noint]"] ). I think it is a bug in 3.0 scripting engine (although I was told by MT's support that it is a feature)
Yes it is a feature, and I think it was made to work with parse command correctly. For example, if this feature isn't added, you won't be able to do something like this:
:parse ":put ( [/port get $i ] . \" port \" . \"( serial0 )\"  )" ;

vmedek
just joined

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:47 pm

Are there any problems with update from 2.9.44? Some lost configuration, etc.?
I'd like to update 1 PC, connected as a station by R52 card. Should I expect that 3.0rc1 will re-connect to AP after upgrade?

GWISA

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:54 pm

thanks normis...

? I thought I had posted my problematic firewall rules, but apparently not....

These are the rules we are having problems with:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Dmitry_on_firewalling

All work fine on 2.9, but on 3rc1 some jump rules become invalid

Am I being dumb or careless here?

dada
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:11 pm

thanks normis...

? I thought I had posted my problematic firewall rules, but apparently not....

These are the rules we are having problems with:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Dmitry_on_firewalling

All work fine on 2.9, but on 3rc1 some jump rules become invalid

Am I being dumb or careless here?
Sorry - Just before a while I read the same question and there were an answer that in 3.0rc2 it will be solved...

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... it=#p82552

You ask questions and don't read replies?

GWISA

Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:54 pm

My mistake - I thought this was the same thread....

:oops:

*edit*

Ah - I see what happened... somebody created a new thread out of my post... and I went straight back to the original thread....

Not so embarrassed now... :lol:

warwick09
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:16 pm

Coughs ** the mini tftp server suggested some time ago would be a great addition .... 8)

Regards

sokolov
just joined

Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:02 pm

I have same problem but when disable/enable pppoe interface witch connects to internet, reboot fix the problem with invalid rules.

Zarko

vmedek
just joined

Wireless cards fall down

Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:43 am

Hi all,

I have installed ROS v3rc1 on 2 PCs (Pentium 4, Gigabyte945GM). System works fine, but sometimes (2-3x times a day) one of wireless card (we have 6 pcs of R52 in each of them) falls down. That means card looks like "running" in winbox, but no clients are connected to AP. When I disable and enable the interface, all clients re-connect imediatelly.
Have anybody seen thiis problem and found a solution? I gues when I have R52 and RB14 on standard Intel945 based board I should not have any compatibility problems.
Is this some bug?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Wireless cards fall down

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:02 am

Hi all,

I have installed ROS v3rc1 on 2 PCs (Pentium 4, Gigabyte945GM). System works fine, but sometimes (2-3x times a day) one of wireless card (we have 6 pcs of R52 in each of them) falls down. That means card looks like "running" in winbox, but no clients are connected to AP. When I disable and enable the interface, all clients re-connect imediatelly.
Have anybody seen thiis problem and found a solution? I gues when I have R52 and RB14 on standard Intel945 based board I should not have any compatibility problems.
Is this some bug?
please make the support output file when you have this problema and send it to support@mikrotik.com

kage
just joined

Please add SMTP authentication

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:47 pm

I am missing you can not use SMTP authentication option in email notification type.

Please add SMTP authentication. It was discussed many times, but never been gone...

Thank you!

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:35 am

in your MTA just set that from this host (ip address) you are accepting emails. (for example exim4 it is doe quite easily)

LaSolitaire

Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 pm

Some mistake in RC1 I think.

I uploaded v3 on my main router and my router stopped to see 4 ethernet Inetrfaces :/
Mikrotik see only 2 from 6 interfaces.

I have XRT-560
http://www.xtendlan.com/product-solutio ... T-560.aspx

kage
just joined

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:14 am

in your MTA just set that from this host (ip address) you are accepting emails. (for example exim4 it is doe quite easily)
But my mail server is _ater_ mikrotik lan what I want monitoring... :?

9h1lo
just joined

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:44 pm

upgraded from 2.9.45 to 3rc1...kept same config

winbox already looks way better

big issues with IPSEC tunnel to frees/wan

tunnel comes up erratically but no traffic through!

this is a live production envirorment so i cannot play about

will install a test machine next week

did downgrade and ipsec back to normal

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:46 pm

I have seen in the past that IPSEC can be version "pickey"...

I usualy upgrade ALL routers that run IPSEC at the same time to the same version..

If I cant upgrade them all at the same time for what ever reason, I leave them alone..

Just my two cents worth...

Craig

bhickey
just joined

Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:02 am

I uploaded v3 on my main router and my router stopped to see 4 ethernet Inetrfaces :/
Mikrotik see only 2 from 6 interfaces.
Something similar here. I upgraded from 2.9.45 to 3.0RC1 on a RB532 with RB/564 daughterboard. The router went into a constant reboot cycle. When I removed the RB/564 daughterboard I was able to install using Netinstall and boot 3.0RC1 okay. However when I added the RB/564 daughterboard the router returned to a constant reboot cycle. I've gone back to 2.9.45 again and everything is okay.

AlexVB
just joined

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:14 am

I'm discovered the following possible bugs:

1) Each time when you enter and leave safe mode (and in any other case when you pressing ctrl+c) the string "interrupted" is printed. I'm think that it must appear only when you actually interrupt something...
2) It is not possible to use interface-based routing via winbox (the field "interface" in the route add dialog box is not editable), but it is possible to add such route (gateway=interface) via telnet or console.
3) Such route does not disappears when interface goes down. Is also displayed as active in the winbox.
4) (Winbox) It is impossible to undo removal of default route added by "add default route" option (pppoe client). Instead of this previous action is undoing.

5) System > Health does not display actual data:

Note: This is about RC2.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Please add SMTP authentication

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:20 am

I am missing you can not use SMTP authentication option in email notification type.

Please add SMTP authentication. It was discussed many times, but never been gone...

Thank you!
Hi Kage,

I'm waiting for this too. I still work with the 2.xx versions. I saw the answer on your question from janisk but that doesn't make a lot of sence to me. (what is MTA?).
Is the SMTP authentication now in the new ROS or not?

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:47 pm

MTA = Mailserver

Can you allow no authentication from that Router to your Mailserver? (eg Auth o IP address)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:17 pm

MTA = Mailserver

Can you allow no authentication from that Router to your Mailserver? (eg Auth o IP address)

Well, strange abbreviation but OK, now I know.

What do you mean with your question? The MT router needs to send an e-mail to my mailserver, which is a internet base mailserver provider. They have as a policy that only authenticated access to their smtp server is allowed. So I need a workaround for that.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:28 pm

MTA = Mailserver

MTA - Mail Transfer Agent ;)

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:07 pm

You can send mail directly to the destination server without authentication. Incoming mail to a local mailbox never needs authentication. So; if you're sending your emails to 'example@mydomain.tld', and the mail servers for 'mydomain.tld' are 10.10.10.1, then set your email script to deliver directly to 10.10.10.1 which will not need any authentication.

Sam

Giepie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:01 pm

You can send mail directly to the destination server without authentication. Incoming mail to a local mailbox never needs authentication. So; if you're sending your emails to 'example@mydomain.tld', and the mail servers for 'mydomain.tld' are 10.10.10.1, then set your email script to deliver directly to 10.10.10.1 which will not need any authentication.

Sam

Perhaps a blond question, but doesn't A-Pop have some sort of timeout? What I mean is, when you send mail, using A-Pop, you first have to authenticate to "validate your mailbox". Say no one has checked mail for a certain period in time, won't that session expire?

I don't have a need for the above as we have a pretty decent SMTP server from our upstream ISP, but I'm still curious as to how A-Pop actually work.

Thanx, G

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:50 pm

Sam
Well sorry, it certainly doesn't work in my way. Mails never arrive. But I also don't get no error messages...., off course, who would get these?
I have an ADSL modem that does send and authenticate to the same server and that one does deliver the mails. MT Not. And I use the IP of the smtp server, not the name.

Giepie

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:59 am

Please post your script so we could have a look at it.

G

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:10 am

G
0 name="testgwdown" owner="adminrudy"
policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,winbox,password run-count=0
source=
/tool e-mail send
from="Ibigw" server="66.111.4.52:587" body="Ibidown"
subject="Testroute" to=myname@fastmail.fm"

this script should run in netwatch tool if it sense a node is down.

Giepie

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:29 am

Do you see any error in your local log, or does it seem to go through without any problems?

When you run the script manually (by clicking RUN SCRIPT), does the counter count on, or does it remain at 0? (Very important to know)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:46 am

Do you see any error in your local log, or does it seem to go through without any problems?

When you run the script manually (by clicking RUN SCRIPT), does the counter count on, or does it remain at 0? (Very important to know)
Nothing happens in the log and the counter stays the same, even if I manually run the script. So the script obviously doesn't run neither.

Giepie

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:08 am

G
source=
/tool e-mail send
from="Ibigw" server="66.111.4.52:587" body="Ibidown"
subject="Testroute" to=myname@fastmail.fm"

this script should run in netwatch tool if it sense a node is down.

Your to address setting is wrong:

You left out the " before myname@fastmail.fm. It should be:
[ to="myname@fastmail.fm" ]

Also, your from address should be a full email address. Most SMTP servers won't recognize Ibigw as an email address, so use the full Ibigw@fastmail.fm as your from address. Your counters will still add up, as the MT doesn't see that as a problem. Usually the mailbox doesn't need to be valid, as long as the domain exists, and is allowed by your SMTP server.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:22 am

Your to address setting is wrong:

You left out the " before myname@fastmail.fm. It should be:
[ to="myname@fastmail.fm" ]

Also, your from address should be a full email address. Most SMTP servers won't recognize Ibigw as an email address, so use the full Ibigw@fastmail.fm as your from address. Your counters will still add up, as the MT doesn't see that as a problem. Usually the mailbox doesn't need to be valid, as long as the domain exists, and is allowed by your SMTP server.
Well, here is my new script, it still doesn't run and no log activity.

system script> print
source=
/tool e-mail send
from="IBIGW@fastmail.fm" server="66.111.4.52:587" body="Ibidown"
subject="Testroute" to="marusol@fastmail.fm"

Giepie

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:50 am

I tried your script by copy and pasting it, it didn't work. Then I made sure everything is in one single line. Everything wasn't in one line, so I pressed delete after the last word of a sentence until everything was in one single line.

Ran the script again, it worked fine.

You should always watch out when copying and pasting scripts, as sometimes a hidden "enter" or "next line" command is entered which causes the script not to work.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:48 am

use curly braces {} around the script, that way you will know for sure, that script is as a whole

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:48 pm

does x.x.x.x:587 work ? I would think that wouldn't work, but I could be wrong.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:53 am

Well, if I remove it I get an ¨Error sending e-mail: invalid TO address¨

It doesn't mean that it works with it though, I still don't recieve any mails. And the log doesn't show any activity when I run the script with the port number.

Rudy

Giepie

Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:04 am

Well, if I remove it I get an ¨Error sending e-mail: invalid TO address¨

It doesn't mean that it works with it though, I still don't recieve any mails. And the log doesn't show any activity when I run the script with the port number.

Rudy
Hi

I tried sending to our local SA smtp server, using "smtp.ISPNAME.net:25" and it works fine. I have not tested it on any other ports, but reckon by adding the port shouldn't be a problem.

If you don't use a valid from address, you could expect problems like "Invalid TO address". Some (most) ISP's will first see if the domain exists before delivering your mail.