Community discussions

MikroTik App

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Hotspot Feature: Social Networks

Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:44 pm

We are in the modern era and social networks are the most powerful and indispensable forms of marketing,
the hotspots that are updated are not back,
The latest hotspots already make integration with Facebook, Twitter etc ..,
eg: purplewifi.net, zoottle.com, fusionwifi.com, social-hotspot.com, fanswifi.com, socialhotspot.nl, among others ...

would be great if they were added new variables, plugins, api's to interact with those services and that these plugins stay in a folder within the RouterOS for so it can be updated as needed.
for example (like, follow, share our fan-page so you can browse)
Last edited by jondavy on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beone
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Hotspot Feature: Social Networks

Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:40 am

We are interested in direct facebook integration as well; like Cisco and Meraki do.

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:08 pm

yes, here too my commercial clients ask what device I use to force people to follow, like, share my fan page because they see that here there are other trades already do
And in this regard unfortunately I have to opt for other brands

+1 Integration with social networks

doush
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:41 pm

+1 here

ronniee
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:32 pm

+1

https://www.facebook.com/business/a/fac ... inessowner
Make sure that you have a wireless router that supports Facebook Wi-Fi
Currently, Facebook Wi-Fi is available on the following wireless products:
Meraki wireless products
Cisco ISR G2 and ASR 1000 Series routers
NETGEAR R6300 Smart WiFi router
D-Link Facebook Wi-Fi AC1750 Router (DIR-865L)
Open-Mesh wireless products

We are quickly expanding our partnerships to support more Wi-Fi products. Check with us again if your router is not currently supported.

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:41 pm

https://www.facebook.com/business/a/fac ... inessowner

Yes Yes Yes
guys could also provide factory already an SSL certificate (https) with a certificate signed by you and he was already suggested when creating the hotspot eg "auth.mikrotik.com".
I know this would generate another security breach because the passwords would be public, the more it could be warned that it is for testing purposes only and compatibility, this would be a hotspot Compatibility Question with all HTTP and HTTPS sistes.
It is best to use HTTPS (which is compatible with all http and https sites)
than using the http (which is compatible only with http)

lectrapon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:45 am

Hello

++1 for this feature 8)

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:03 am

awacenter
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:51 am

+1 social networks.

czolo

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:09 pm

It's not so easy to implement.
Maybe you consider the idea micro-payment monthly and use our external server code: It will helps us to develop new features and will allow both you and us win. For you use and have it' and us to monetize it.
Here is an example:
http://gcn.hotspot.aforte.net/marszalkowska

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:53 am

you ALREADY had MikroTik API - to write/implement that.
no need to contaminate HotSpot package of ROS by "social networking"-nonsense/data-mining/espionage functionality.
its also quite bulky and insecure functionality by itself "bloated by design/purpose".
use you API programming skill instead, Luke !!
p.s.
i don't think thats American networking companies - would serve "as good" example in both marketing and design simply because that. pyramidal marketing, "forced followers" and bulk surveillance - isn't greatest approach by itself.

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:43 am

in fact most here already tried to implement it, so that the "API" that you say that mikrotik available is limited, it does not have many options,
At least she chose to implement some dynamic web language that could make external communication such as PHP, ahi yes it would be possible this and many other things that until now were not possible

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:45 am

At the risk of creating a havoc for my email inbox, I'd like to say that I've once already successfully implemented a Facebook login on one location "for real".

The only problem I'm facing now is that this still requires a separate web server that has access to the router, which is a big hurdle for many potential clients. Also, it expects each network owner to have their own Facebook app ID and secret (unless you want to have something like "JoinMyWiFi.com" where once you give the app permission on one network, you give access to everyone using their service; If you have such a common app ID and secret, you could join with my implementation, sure), and that too is another big obstacle.

The algorithm isn't a secret; I've already mentioned it before in other topics - wall garden the web server, on a click of the "Login with Facebook" button, temporary allow Facebook URLs too (using the RouterOS API), redirect to it with a URL given from the Facebook API, and point the callback URL back to the web server. Once logged in, the web server receives another HTTP request, upon which you can create a temporary username and password (based on who exactly is logged in), and redirect back to the router with the newly created username and password supplied in the URL. The user's profile should include a logout script that removes the user upon logout.

I'm working on making the "app" more portable, so that I can use my own web server, accessible to clients via some sort of VPN (to ensure it would work regardless of NAT settings). And maybe have RADIUS somewhere in there too, but I'm not sure about that...

I know this is a big feature request for many, but before anyone presses me for a copy, I'd like to preemptively say "It's not ready yet", and even when it is ready for more "massive" consumption, I'd charge a fee for that, just FYI.

Like I said, the algorithm is no secret (the primary reason this post exists is to let you know the algorithm DEFINETLY works), so feel free to make your own better implementation than my (currently) sloppy one, and either make money for yourself or give it for free.
Last edited by boen_robot on Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

czolo

Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:58 pm

That's the point.
We also have such application, and for now we can:
- use FB, Twitter or other ~20 social services
- login types: button, social, email (editables from admin site for every location)
- statics: who, when, how offen, what device type
- advertising in few point, inside, after login, etc
- radius support
- language versions
- inherited sites (one client, subsites for different locations)
- editable content in sites
- responsible sites (tested for Android, Windows, IOS phones)

So something similiar to your app. Maybe someone would be interested in cooperating and using our business solutions?

shaoranrch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:37 pm

There are several solutions for that already... And mikrotik does offer the tools to craft these (As well as do the social media providers) . I do support 3 companies which offer solutions like that, my own company got something that allows social integration at different levels too, and works with either mikrotik and coova.

Really it's about time and planificación but nowadays creating such solutions is quite easy for a Web programmer and someone who knows about routing and mikrotik Hotspot. Radius does help a ton here too.

Enviado desde mi MotoE2(4G-LTE) mediante Tapatalk

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:07 pm

in fact most here already tried to implement it, so that the "API" that you say that mikrotik available is limited, it does not have many options,
At least she chose to implement some dynamic web language that could make external communication such as PHP, ahi yes it would be possible this and many other things that until now were not possible
its only "true" as long as you know NOTHING about MikroTik API.
so far there was NOTHING technically "unimplementable" by it.
its may be lacking essential "pieces for newbies" to ducttape&glue "rush and dirty" simple creations of any kind, but for Properly-made applications, its quite hefty/usable/enough and powerful thing.

eduardomazolini

Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:58 am

Its possible I use. Facebook and Google+.
Redirect clients to external php site with is previous authorized for OAUTH in this social networking. Without a server you no have url for redirect work or authorize oAuth. It's no easy but work. The easy is share some content with Facebook to have trial.

Enviado de meu SM-G800H usando Tapatalk

musman87
just joined

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:45 pm

Can you share some code.. if u have already completed it.. That would be great.. Thanks

lectrapon
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:13 pm

Nothing good under tropics

Envoyé de mon C6802 en utilisant Tapatalk

Omesh
just joined

Re:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:55 pm

There are several solutions for that already... And mikrotik does offer the tools to craft these (As well as do the social media providers) . I do support 3 companies which offer solutions like that, my own company got something that allows social integration at different levels too, and works with either mikrotik and coova.

Really it's about time and planificación but nowadays creating such solutions is quite easy for a Web programmer and someone who knows about routing and mikrotik Hotspot. Radius does help a ton here too.
Dear Sir

Need your professional help to develop social login features with option like fb like , fb checkin intagram follow in mikrotik Hotspot . Will appreciate if you let me know how to reach you . I am new here so don't know how to communicate here what's allowed or not

Warm Regards
Bob

Enviado desde mi MotoE2(4G-LTE) mediante Tapatalk