MikroTik App

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Active users xx Active Sessions xx not equal

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi All,

I have mikrotik 2.9.43 installed and in userman active users and active sessions start off being equal, then after a while the active sessions becomes greater, having double entries.

Is there a way to sort this problem out, or to remove the additional end the sessions without deleting the client data or having to reset the router.

Any one that could clear this up, it would be appreciated.

Thanks

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Active users xx Active Sessions xx not equal

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:36 am

Hi there, This has already been covered in the forums. Basically if the radius server does not receive the logout frame correctly and the client re-login again you start getting more than one session or the same user.

we have worked around this by reset scripts by a determined time to take care of this for now.

However I would still anticipate a built-in control for this in the future. Perhaps others will post with their own work-around measures for this.

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:27 am

Thanks for the reply,

I did manage to end the sessions manually, but it would be nice if Userman was able to do it automatically though.

Well hope that MT does consider including a option in later versions that end inactive sessions automatically.

Thanks again for the reply much appreciated.

Giepie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:14 am

I have a question, perhaps being a bit blond here.

I recently decided to reset all sessions, but then also the active connections disappeared. I had to reboot all high sites (or disable and enable the PPPoE servers) in order for all the connections/sessions to come back.

My question, though, is while the user is not shown as an active user, will the data transfered by that user still be counted by user manager, or only when it shows as active?

What other workarounds are there available?

airstream
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:55 am

I have a question, perhaps being a bit blond here.

I recently decided to reset all sessions, but then also the active connections disappeared. I had to reboot all high sites (or disable and enable the PPPoE servers) in order for all the connections/sessions to come back.

My question, though, is while the user is not shown as an active user, will the data transfered by that user still be counted by user manager, or only when it shows as active?

What other workarounds are there available?
If you wait for a few moments after closing sessions, the PPPoE controller sends accounting updates to usermanager and they are counted to the users data. They will also reappear in the connected list.

You shouldn't need to reboot your access concentrator.

Giepie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 am

/me slaps himself against the head!

Thanx for your input, this really answers all my questions!!!

redmill
just joined

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:46 pm

Hi all,
Looks like MT is still working on the automated active session work around. We have the same problem, our active users is far less than the active session count. This normally happens when a pppoe connection is cut without proper closing frames.
I have scanned the forums, but cannot find the script you are referring to above. Can someone please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 pm

new user manager will be able to check which of those sessions are actually real.

redmill
just joined

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:29 pm

That is all excellent, but when do we see this new user manager? In the meantime we still need a solution, even if it is a script of some sorts.

Thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:55 pm

I am following the progress of the User Manager, and it is really exciting. Right now it is still in internal testing stage, but in about 2 weeks there will be a public beta, if all goes as planned

aproetz
just joined

Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Hi Normis,
Can you give us a progress report on the new user manager release. When can we expect it?

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:44 pm

Hi Normis,
Can you give us a progress report on the new user manager release. When can we expect it?
He just said 2 weeks if everything goes as expected. cant wait to see the new U-Manager Normis. Hopefully the scripts from the Old user-manager will work in the new-user-manager. Such as the automated-billing script... -Jordan

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am

the new UM is a complete rewrite, right now it's still being made, the promised 2 weeks will probably not be met, we will start internal-only testing sometime soon

tyronzn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:14 pm

new user manager sounds great.Can anyone please post the link with the scripts to solve the above mentioned problem?

aproetz
just joined

Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:02 am

Hi Normis,
We really do need the reworked Usermanager soon. We have had countless problems with the current one. Clients will just stop working, even though they are logged in and everything looks fine. If we then change the IP address they start working again.

Thanks

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:56 am

Hi Normis,
We really do need the reworked Usermanager soon. We have had countless problems with the current one. Clients will just stop working, even though they are logged in and everything looks fine. If we then change the IP address they start working again.

Thanks
Dosent sound like a UM problem... But maybe. Depends what your using U-M for....

aproetz
just joined

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:29 am

Dosent sound like a UM problem... But maybe. Depends what your using U-M for....
Hi
Have anyone see a similar problem before. We need to change 2-3 client's IP addresses in userman and drop their ppp so it will take effect on a daily basis. Our userman is used for accounting and bandwidth management using pppoe authentication. At this stage we are pointing to userman as the problem as we do know about the multiple sessions it creates. Does anyone know about something else we might need to look at?

P.S Normis, What is the status on the new userman?

juanvi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:44 am

UPDATE 2: SOLVED IN 6.22RC7 - THANKS MK TEAM - THANKS ULDIS!!!

Update: I have made a simulation with two RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN. Firmware 6.22rc6 in both.

Installed User-manager package and CAPSMAN manager in one router. Configured CAP in the other. Direct ethernet connection between them. No bridges, no tunnels.

UserManager works well with an AP if it is a local interface. If you use the CAP, the sessions in user remains always active.

In http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CAPsMAN says: "radius-accounting - specifies if RADIUS traffic accounting should be used if RADIUS authentication gets done for this client" and i expected this runs in the samme manner as a local AP interface.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008!!! 10:55 am
new user manager will be able to check which of those sessions are actually real.
Sorry in advance becase probably i'm missing somethig but, are there news is this? Having lots of false active sessions now! Usermanager web interface slows down!! When i remove false active sessions run fast again.

Here "http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... e_sessions" says: "An active session is closed when the same router asks to start a new session with the same accounting-session-id." But i'm seeing lots of active "start" sessions for the same mac.
NOTE: I ve dual system; mac and hotspot log in: When my users logs in hotspot "calling staion id" field in usermanager shows their mac. But for the users not using hotspot redirected to radius for wireles authentication the "calling station id" is blank. Can this be the cause?

Running 30 basebox2 in hotspot+direct WPA2 virtualAP capsman configuration to usermanager in ccr1036 6.19

Answers will be very apreciated.

UPDATE 2: SOLVED IN 6.22RC7 - THANKS MK TEAM - THANKS ULDIS!!!