MikroTik App

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Ability to print interface traffic for logging

Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Hi,

We need to comply with regulatory requirements and to be able to do this we need to have total traffic for various links.

How can I go about creating a data source that can be used to copy data into an excel file to submit to the regulator

I currently have dude doing graphing, but this doesn't provide me the data that I can copy and past, it's only giving a visual representation.

There is more I need to report on,

I need to have monthly availability in percentage, Daily average throughput, daily packet loss daily availability

Dude does the job for my purposes, visually, but need to submit data to our regulator, and have no idea how to grab these from dude or mikrotik

Any ideas or automated platform that can be used to achieve this task.

Any suggestions welcomed.

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Ability to print interface traffic for logging

Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:52 pm

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:08 pm

Thank you, but I have been through those pages, and have not been able to get a working solution.

I am looking into using netflow to send data to the collector, but what can I use?

NTOPPNG is not user friendly, and I have not been able to get it setup so it can collect this data.

All the ones that look like they will do the job cost an arm and a leg, I have yet to find and easy to implement free and open source net analyzer.

and this is actually what I am asking for: assistance with a solution, that is free and open source, but hopefully user-friendly

winagain
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:14 pm

Is there no one that can assist with a working solution that is open source.

I know that I need to pass traffic flow to a data collector, but have not found one that I can setup easily, and haven't found tutorials that show a setup with mikrotik.

If anyone knows of a good Network Monitoring software that can measure daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth with average throughputs for the same periods.

This is all I need to be able to submit the data to the regulator, currently using Dude to manually collect the data from the graphs and interfaces themselves.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Hamech1124
just joined

Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:00 pm

Hello, do you can use zabbix, this software is open source and do yo can monitoring all devices trhoug snmp. regards

MrYan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:58 pm

Let's hope the OP wasn't waiting 3+ years for an answer!