Community discussions

MikroTik App

AnuragTangra
just joined
Topic Author

Troubleshooting MikroTik and Huawei?

Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:32 am

Hello everyone,

As a newcomer to the MikroTik world, I find myself encountering an issue with a Huawei ONT device provided by my ISP for 1Gbps FTTP. When I connect the network cable to Port1 on my CRS312-4C+8XG, which runs SwitchOS 2.13, the link tab disappointingly displays "No Link" for Port1.

Initially, I figured it would be a simple matter of disabling Auto Negotiation and manually setting it to 1G with Full Duplex. However, even after trying this, the connection still refuses to establish and show up as "Link on."

To troubleshoot further, I rebooted into RouterOS, but unfortunately, I encountered the same issue with no link LED. However, I made an interesting discovery during my exploration. By disabling Auto Negotiation once again and removing all other advertised speeds except 1000M full, the connection finally established without any problems. It remained stable and effectively routed traffic.

Curiosity piqued, I rebooted back into SwitchOS, restoring the auto negotiation setting. This time, I introduced a simple, unmanaged switch between Port1 and the ONT, and lo and behold, the link sprang to life! It remained stable, delivering full gigabit speeds through the WAN.

I humbly seek your guidance. Is there a simple oversight on my part that may be causing this issue? Or could there be a broader underlying problem? I am particularly keen on using SwitchOS due to its appealing simplicity, as it perfectly aligns with my needs of utilizing VLANs to bring in and route 2 x 1Gbps WAN over a 10Gbps link to two firewalls for high availability (HA).

I did attempt to access the ONT's LAN through the web GUI, but unfortunately, like many ISPs, it appears to be locked down. I had hoped to configure a permanent 1Gbps setting on that end.

Thank you all in advance for any insights or suggestions you may provide.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Troubleshooting MikroTik and Huawei?

Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:54 am

My rule of thumb when something goes wrong:

0. Check power :)
1. Check cables and replace them if needed.
2. If there is still a problem GOTO 1.

serafin

Re: Troubleshooting MikroTik and Huawei?

Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:41 am

Hi,

I have similar case - PV inverter from Huawei does not negotiate link with MT, neither CCR1009 nor CCR1072, but negotiate with Linux laptop.
I enforced the same parameters on MT port as it was negotiated in Linux(auto-negotiation=no full-duplex=no speed=100Mbps) and all works like a charm.

Leaving this info here others can safe some time in the future.

Ser@fin