Community discussions

MikroTik App

phin
just joined
Topic Author

Gitlab for container hosting?

Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:25 pm

Hello,

Has anyone had any success with using gitlab for private container hosting for mikrotik? I am constantly getting 401 errors and unable to retrieve manfiest and configuration errors.

I have tested credentials locally and on separate workstations and all seem to work. I also have noticed that the last access for the token i am using, seem to be working as it shows its being access when i attempt to fetch from the router.

Not sure where to go from here.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Gitlab for container hosting?

Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:46 pm

Only used GitHub. But couple thoughts:
- Attestation (and related manifest) has some issues in some V7's, so I'd make sure to use try on 7.11
- Are you building for one architecture (e.g ARM64) or multiple ones? A multiarch images might need a specific manifest available for the container registry to serve them correctly. Not studied GitLab docs, but https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/package ... ifest-list suggest using some qualifier with the arch...

phin
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Aug 01, 2023 3:44 pm

Could you better explain part 1? Are you suggesting i use a newer version of the routeros?

I am building only for arm/v7. The container is being deployed to a hapac2. When i tar up the container and upload it manually, i do not have an issue. I am curious if it is some sort of authentication issue. I am going to give another repository host a try, such as docker.io.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:41 pm

Could you better explain part 1? Are you suggesting i use a newer version of the routeros?
Absolutely you should be running at least 7.10. Essentially there were bugs in processing metadata from images. I don't think that's your issue.

401 is unauthorized. So you need to make sure you've set the username and password and URL correct in /container/settings. That seems like the issue here...
Quick google turns up how to get these credentials:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/package ... istry.html .

Also, make sure you use the fully qualified package name, including the registry URL like "registry.gitlab.io/myrepo/myproject:latest" – even if you have registry set, I think RouterOS always want the "domain" to be there, otherwise it assumes library/myrepo/myproject I think.