Community discussions

MikroTik App

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

L2TP VPN Server required on Mikrotik. (I have Public IP on ISP router and NAT on Mikrotik)

Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:49 am

Dear experts and seniors,

I have a public IP on my ISP router and My Mikrotik is Connected with the ISP router.
I am not able to get direct ISP internet to my Mikrotik.

I want to establish an L2TP VPN server on my Mikrotik.
And access my network via Windows client VPN at my remote Place.

How it will be possible?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: L2TP VPN Server required on Mikrotik. (I have Public IP on ISP router and NAT on Mikrotik)

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:01 am

Port forward the correct port(s) from your ISP router to your MikroTik router. That's the only additional step you have to perform besides configuring your MikroTik router.

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: L2TP VPN Server required on Mikrotik. (I have Public IP on ISP router and NAT on Mikrotik)

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:11 am

Port forward the correct port(s) from your ISP router to your MikroTik router. That's the only additional step you have to perform besides configuring your MikroTik router.
thanks for your reply Sir,
which port do I need to forward for L2TP Sever?

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:18 am

The same as on your MikroTik. I you have doubts about that....well....you do the math.

kalamaja
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:33 am

Hello, there's new feature called Back To Home (BTH) soon, that makes accessing routers even without public IPs really easy:
1) install latest 7.12beta (no problem, BTH has been tested successfully since 7.11)
2) mark dynamic DNS and Back To Home checkboxes in IP -> Cloud
3) Install Wireguard client into your Windows (you have to have admin rights to use it)
4) copy-paste configuration from web/winbox
5) That's it, you are able to safely connect to your router without any portforwarding or hard configuration.

miankamran7100
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:31 pm

Hello, there's new feature called Back To Home (BTH) soon, that makes accessing routers even without public IPs really easy:
1) install latest 7.12beta (no problem, BTH has been tested successfully since 7.11)
2) mark dynamic DNS and Back To Home checkboxes in IP -> Cloud
3) Install Wireguard client into your Windows (you have to have admin rights to use it)
4) copy-paste configuration from web/winbox
5) That's it, you are able to safely connect to your router without any portforwarding or hard configuration.
But I want to Access my LAN network (Like all ubnt devices) that's why I need a VPN.
Is your recommended solution work for that al my needs?
Regards