Community discussions

MikroTik App

expo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CCR2216 Maximum supported routes?

Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:47 am

EDIT: I've been advised by others on facebook that CCR2xxx hardware will misbehave with anything more than about 1.5m-2m routes received, this sounds like it could be the cause of my issues below, I'm taking 2 full tables + 15 peers so about 2.5-3m routes with l3hw disabled, maybe these routers aren't meant for full tables? lol.... Plenty of memory is available 15g+

I have multiple 2216 and I've noticed a few possible bugs, or maybe misconfigurations?

7.11.2 , using single bridge vlan configuration, nothing in ip/firewall/filter and no NAT, router uses 75% cpu to pass ~10gbps of traffic? have not tried l3hw yet.... on session up with a peer it will converge 900k routes in under a minute but /routing/bgp/advertisments peer=transit1 will show no output (and the peer confirms nothing received) for about ten minutes? input and output affinity is set to "alone"

Also have noticed various bad filtering behavior, where the bgp filters do not seem to respond to changes (like in v6, but you could reorder the filter list to 'trick' it to start working) I just haven't found the tricks yet?

Anyone seeing all of these strange behaviors?
Last edited by expo on Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

expo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: CCR2216 bad bgp behavior

Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:44 am

bump for good measure =) thank you in advance!