Community discussions

MikroTik App

kd7vea
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe unexpected behavior

Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:33 pm

I just picked up a CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe to put in my HP DL380 Gen 9 running ProxMox. I have started to play with it and I'm noticing a couple of odd things with it and I'm wondering if I have just overlooked something. Right out of the box with no other configurations done, the routerboard will not get an address from my RB 3011running DHCP server. I have the plan side of the 3011 going into my switch, then the 10GB SFP+ port from the switch connected with a DAC to the CCR2004 card on SFP1. In quick config I set up SFP1 as the Internet port, and set the IP Address to Automatic. I set my local network address to 192.168.1.1 /24 mask and turned on the DHCP server and set up a pool as this is going to become my new core router at home. I can not get an address from my 3011 on SFP 1, and if I open WinBox on the same local network as the 3011, I can see 192.168.1.1 as a neighbor. This is the local address of the CCR2004. If I move my DAC to SFP2, I get an address from the 3011 as I should, just like I will from my ISP connection. so it seams like SFP1 and SFP 2 are switched either in the labeling, or in the firmware. is that the case, or am I missing something?

This brings me to my next issue that I have noticed. I updated the packages on the CCR2004 thinking maybe it was a bug and is now fixed (It did not fix it) and when the router rebooted, my server also rebooted. I thought maybe it was a random Fluke incident until I updated the routerboard firmware and again, my server restarted. is this common for this? is there a setting in the router OS that tells the server to reboot so that the router can initialize before the router comes back online? I don't want my Virtual machines to all go offline every time I update the router.

Gomo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe unexpected behavior

Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:57 pm

Hello kd7vea,

I have the exact same server and was planning on purchasing the exact same router. Did you manage to solve mentioned problems? Would you recommend this solution or did you go with something else in the end?

Thank you.