Community discussions

MikroTik App

ChadRT
just joined
Topic Author

BGP on V7 using a Vultr Instance

Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:45 am

Hello everyone,

I became accustomed to using v6 and running BGP announcement of a /24 a process that once I figured it out could be replicated in a matter of minutes. Due to some laziness I had a system compromised and decided to cancel my bare metal hosting, fire up a shinny new instance on their vps platform and use ROS7 to do what I had been doing.

Here I am 2 months later and this has turned out to be an absolute NO GO. I have countless hours, well over 60, messing with the BGP within v7 and no luck. Today I decided that I would blow it all away and reinstall v6 to get back to where I was before and that is not working as from what I have read the new Vultr instances use a proprietary virtio drivers and thus v6 is not compatible with that. So back to v7 freshly installed and decided that I would reach out to the community and see if any of you have BGP working on Vultr that may be able to share a config. Or at least shed some light on the disaster that MT calls v7 (well the only part that is a disaster is the BGP that I have found).

alex_rhys-hurn

Re: BGP on V7 using a Vultr Instance

Sat Nov 11, 2023 12:45 pm

Does your BGP config use any Multihop peers? I am asking because I am having trouble with BGP Multihop in v 7.11.2

Otherwise we would need more info from you to be able to help.

Alex