Community discussions

MikroTik App

bigdong
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik hAP AC² power indicator

Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:29 pm

Dear mikrotik community,

I have a Mikrotik hAP AC². This evening, I had an electric power cut at my home. After rebooting, I noticed the router was not having any led on, and I don't remember if it ever had.

After cutting the house power a second time and turning it back on, the router doesn't give any IP. I don´t know if it work or not, as I don´t have any LED indicator that tells me, but I assume that if it doesn´t give any IP will the modem behind it with the same cable does, then this router is dead.

May I ask, as I don´t have any clue:

- Should it show a led indicator when connected to LAN ?
- Should it show a led indicator when connected to power?
- If the cable connected to the router, can give an IP address to my laptop, but the router cannot give one when connected directly to my laptop, is the routeur dead?

Best regards, DK

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik hAP AC² power indicator

Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:08 pm

hAP ac2 has a few led lit during normal operation:
  1. power led on tge same side as ethernet ports and power jack - between power jack and ether ports. It's steadily lit after power on.
  2. ethernet activity leds on the otger side ... beliw those dot pictograms (those dots are supposed to represent the number of ether port). Tgese are blinking, (kind of) representing ethernet port activity.
All leds are green (on my device which is one of early units with 256MB RAM).

If none of leds get iluminated, then you should probably try with another power adapter (and hope it caught the voltage spikes).