Community discussions

MikroTik App

sgwc
just joined
Topic Author

Function OID vs Appearance OID

Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:22 am

I would like to check the SNMP values for inverter. There are two type of SNMP Models that I use, one model being RTCS version 03.02.00 and the newer one is Linux SNMP-System. I have created an if function that checks the model and return necessary oid according to model like below. This specific function provides details about inverter mode.
if (string_size(oid("iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.system.sysDescr.0"))<18,concatenate("UPS: ",oid("1.3.6.1.4.1.43943.1.2.1.3.0"),""),concatenate("UPS: ",oid("1.3.6.1.4.1.21111.1.2.1.3.0"),""))
Interesting thing is there is no issue with new type of snmp. However, in old type which is RTCS version 03.02.00 the output sometimes give proper values however most of times some values are missing. While same oid is hand written in appearance there is no issue. What might cause this, I have researched about the issue in forum and couldn't find anything similar. If i missed any topic it would be great if you can point out. Any suggestion is appreciated, many thanks in advance