Community discussions

MikroTik App

Sertik
Topic Author

GPT4 and writing scripts for Mikrotik

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:18 pm

Has anyone tried to get GPT4 to write a script for Mikrotik? I wonder how it's going? I can’t try - I’m in Russia, I don’t have VDS abroad.
I wonder when GPT will be able to replace Rex ? :D

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: GPT4 and writing scripts for Mikrotik

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:51 pm

ChatGPT is as good at writing ROS scripts as with any other things: mostly it gets things done (surprisingly well), but sometimes it fails miserably ... the problem with ChatGPT failing is not that it's failing, the problem is that it doesn't admit that it cant provide a good result, instead it presents some hallucinations.

And that can happen with ROS scripts as well. And when an inexperienced user stumbles upon such a hallucination and it then fails to execute it on ROS, people are quick to blame ROS (being buggy).

So, no, IMO Rex won't be replaced by AI any time soon.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:47 pm

I cannot say much about GPT4, maybe paid version is better, but in my experience GPT3.5 fails miserably in most of the cases, it just keeps imagining things that do not exist in the real world and it is not just with ROS scripts.

Sertik
Topic Author

Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:50 pm

I only tried GPT3.5 This neural network, of course, cannot write the final script, but it can significantly reduce the time for a non-professional in writing scripts by providing ready-made code snippets upon request, instead of searching for them on forums. Considering that GPT4 is an order of magnitude better, perhaps the time is not far off when it will be possible to receive ready-made scripts from GPT.
And, if Rex teaches her, then... :D

Sertik
Topic Author

Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:00 pm

This is what GPT gave in 5 seconds when asked to contact a specific device with a specific OID. Yes, it's simple, but it replaces 10 minutes of my time writing and checking syntax.
# settings
:local deviceIP "192.168.1.1"
:local snmpCommunity "public" 
:local relayOID "1.3.6.1.4.1.1234.1.1.1.1.1"

# function
:global snmpSet do={
  /tool snmp-set oid=$1 value=$2
}

# example
$snmpSet $relayOID 1 oid-type=integer device=$deviceIP community=$snmpCommunity

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:01 pm

good luck using that code :D

Sertik
Topic Author

Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:58 pm

I agree, this is not a good example.

And this is what GPT gave when asked to “write a script to search for active routes on the Internet”:
:put [/ip route print where dst-address~"0.0.0.0/0"]
It's better, isn't it?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:44 pm

And you're seriously comparing GPT's ROS scripting skills with Rex? Oh my... we need more cats.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:37 am

It's better, isn't it?
The issue is you have to know scripting well enough to spot and fix errors. If you can do that, it's kinda easier to just write the script. But if you don't know scripting, it's impossible to tell a right and wrong answer, making it less useful than just searching here or the Mikrotik's Tips and Tricks doc.

Now I'll say ChatGPT is very good with BIND9 DNS configuration...tried that out a while back. But BIND has 30+ years of largely unchanging examples. Similarly with JavaScript. But there just isn't enough data for RouterOS scripts to train on (e.g. basically whatever is in r/mikrotik etc in reddit) nor a corpus of books etc on RouterOS scripting.

I suspect it uses an LSP in training (which vscode, vi etc use to check syntax) which most common languages have, but there is not an LSP for Mikrotik so there 0 chance for it validate in training.

Sertik
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 pm

Thank you very much Amm0 for your answer.
Jokes aside, the release of GPT5 is just around the corner. In addition, you need to clearly understand that what developers are now giving away online and what they are already giving in practice are two different things, because they are controlled by wars.
Namely, the military gets all the latest scientific developments in any country, no matter how much we want it.
In addition, private capital presupposes the existence of any well-funded non-governmental developments in the person of mad scientists, no matter how many.
Just remember television and the atomic nucleus. What can be done in the field of science, God alone knows.
It’s good that not all electronic libraries, including medical libraries, are yet accessible to neural networks. Everything about the programs is clear here.
I think, unfortunately, this will not pass, and in 10 years programmers in the modern sense of the word will cease to exist.
And the problems will begin when the machine consistently writes working code, and the programmer needs to check the computer.
How to give only the programmer the decision to launch a program - this is where our end begins.

Sertik
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:08 pm

Perhaps the timing of my forecasts is even too optimistic. And either humanity will stop working on instruments for its own destruction and find means of protection or...

Sertik
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:06 pm

Rex, being a very smart person, understood all this and stopped writing scripts for Mikrotik, not wanting to train the neural network. :D In this sense, I most like the famous story by Cyril Kornblatt “Gomez” (if you haven’t read it, I recommend reading it).

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:13 pm

While being impressed by AI success it's important to keep in mind that AI can only combine[*] knowledge it absorbed during training. The (perceived) quality of this combinatorial process does get better with newer AI generations (so yes, GPT5 will mostly give better answers than GPT4 does). But what AI did not learn, it can't output. So lack of useful MT scripting examples will still plague newer GPTs ... And we've yet to see an AI which can actually invent something completely new (that would be Rex 2.0 :lol:).

[*] in certain cases, the fuzziness of combinatorial process doesn't matter or is even a good thing. Such as writing an essay, using certain words instead of other when they have similar meaning might mean that GPT has "a personal writing style". When predicting path of a hurricane in Carribean sea, it doesn't matter if the predicted path runs 20km east or west as long as it doesn't hit Florida (but it's OK if it hits Cuba). But in digital domain, result is either right or not. If GPT produces a ROS script, a blend of v6 an v7 -izms is not OK, script has to be exactly right (it has to be letter A, not a blurred something which might resemble a letter A but it might resemble a Koala as well).

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:34 am

Despite the fact that the AI's success is impressive, it is important to keep in mind that the AI can only combine [*] the knowledge it has gained during training.
Don't think like that. Regarding GPT4, he can, for example, search for knowledge on the Internet, climbing into any online manuals and documents (well, for now, where he is allowed, because there is a fairly rigid filter on it). I slipped the paid version of GPT4 the same tasks that GPT 3.5 gave and got a qualitatively new final working code. I will provide these data soon. Regarding Mikrotiks and scripts - yes, Rex may not need GPT yet, but this is only for now. And we have almost one Rex (well, or let there be 5 or 50 of them in the world, it doesn't matter). Very soon, if only new versions of GPT will be shared at all, the neural network will write very good scripts in seconds.

diamuxin

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:28 am

ChatGPT search: "mikrotik scripting replace character".

Response:

:regsub ???
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:29 am

Despite the fact that the AI's success is impressive, it is important to keep in mind that the AI can only combine [*] the knowledge it has gained during training.
Don't think like that. Regarding GPT4, he can, for example, search for knowledge on the Internet, climbing into any online manuals and documents...

Well, the fact it can train itself in (near) real time using on-line materials doesn't change the fact that it can only give back something similar to what already exists. But again, "similar" is not good enough in a world where something is either right or wrong (and "almost right" isn't enough).
So no novel ideas from GPT ... yet :wink:

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:47 am

@mkx
Believers will keep on believing.
I have the impression someone is not willing to listen to reason because of tunnel vision.
My personal view not affected by any AI tool ...

Besides, if I ask ChatGPT itself, this is what I get.
So who to believe??? :lol:
Will chatgpt be able to write a perfect program without any errors ?

ChatGPT
No, ChatGPT, like any other tool or software, is not guaranteed to write perfect programs without errors. While it can assist with generating code and providing suggestions, it's important to note that programming often requires a deep understanding of the problem at hand, the programming language, and the specific requirements.

ChatGPT might help you draft code, explain concepts, or provide guidance, but it's crucial for developers to review and test the generated code thoroughly. Writing bug-free and efficient code involves careful consideration of various factors, and the responsibility ultimately lies with the programmer to ensure the correctness and reliability of the code.

Additionally, programming involves creative problem-solving, and code written by AI may lack the intuition and context that a human programmer brings to the task. Therefore, while ChatGPT can be a useful tool, it's not a substitute for human expertise and diligence in software development.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59 am

The last paragraph of ChatGPT-generated text is, IMO, the crux of the whole ordeal.

Long live rextended! :wink:

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:44 pm

I didn't want to intervene on the issue so as not to influence and see where it would end up, but...
I am very flattered that I am continually cited as an example and antagonist against ChatGPT...
Thank you all...

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:45 pm

No, gentlemen, it’s not like that. I gave GPT 3.5 three tasks (write a script for searching for active routes on the Internet, including marked ones; write a script for turning on a relay through the Laurent 5G module; write a script for transcoding the Cyrillic alphabet to send text to a Telegram bot) and it failed them without making any mistakes in the designs, but making mistakes in syntax or providing non-existent syntax. GPT 4, having received the same tasks, asked for clarifications and was not mistaken more than once, ultimately producing absolutely working code. In the case of relay control, he independently found a manual for this module on the Internet and took the necessary http get request from there.
Believe or not believe is your business. I have all the screenshots of the GPT4 responses and will use them in my article that will be published soon. Sane people do not believe, but check for themselves. I would like to emphasize that I used the paid version of GPT4, it is much better than the free one.

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:53 pm

To our respected and beloved Rex, in any case, good health, long years and new successes! I hope it will remain ahead of GPT for a long time! By the way, the last task - to write a script for transcoding text from 1251 to UTF8 GPT4 was also completed, but not completely (he avoids long tasks, at first he suggested that I manually enter the key). But he showed exactly how this is done and gave an example of part of the key - a mirror array of matching codes 1251 and UTF8

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:55 pm

By the way, Rex himself never expressed his opinion about GPT4...

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:00 pm

In my humble opinion, GPT4 today cannot create something fundamentally new, creating only what we (human programmers) know how to write. But after clarification, he is able to produce working code and significantly reduce the time for searching and writing significant pieces of the script. It’s clear, I already wrote that a coder like Rex doesn’t need GPT at this stage, but there are only a few people like Rex.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:43 pm

By the way, Rex himself never expressed his opinion about GPT4...
My opinion is irrelevant.
No matter what I think, at most what I vote at the polls can influence something, but in general, whatever you or others think counts for absolutely nothing.
Intelligence does not exist, in any form.
Even inventing something does not require intelligence, but knowledge.
For example, you can't invent the light bulb if you don't have the basic knowledge of things, both DISCOVERED and INVENTED first...
Therefore there is no Intelligence, but only CONSEQUENCES that start from KNOWLEDGE.
Even the passage of time is highlighted by the CHANGES that are CONSEQUENCES of how things were before...

So, simply put, one difference between "me" and GPT is that "I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I exist"...

Instead, other people DON'T EVEN doubt, so they barely exist...
Like all those idiots who stay on social media from morning to night, and social media matters more than their real life...
So, in a loose sense, "ChatGPT is much smarter than most of the idiots in the world"

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Intelligence does not exist, in any form.
Even inventing something does not require intelligence, but knowledge.
This is Rex's opinion. I think many will disagree with this. For now, knowledge can only be created and increased by people through intelligence. Let's stop here and see what happens next...

I really didn’t ask about this, but wanted to know what you Rex think about scripts for Router OS and GPT. Have you tried it yourself?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:12 pm

For now, knowledge can only be created and increased by people through intelligence.
Knowledge cannot be created from nothing.
Knowledge is neither created nor destroyed, but passes from one form to another.
There is no such intelligent person in the universe who has ever invented something, without first having the basis to understand what he was inventing...
So I repeat that without knowledge and experience you will never be able to invent anything, no mater how you "intelligent" you are.

Have you tried it yourself?
If I say that it is wrong to cut off your arm, and I also support it with others, and I say that anyone who does it is a moron,
Am I wrong because I don't know what I'm talking about? since I've never cut my arm before?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:25 pm

I never ran into a wall either.
I know it will hurt ... don't need to do that to know it.

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:45 pm

Contradict yourself. Say that knowledge is taken from experience and do not want to personally get this experience. Are you afraid that it will hurt ?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:59 pm

Contradict yourself. Say that knowledge is taken from experience [...]
I've never written it... Can you point me to the point in previous posts where I wrote it?

Knowledge is neither created nor destroyed, but passes from one form to another.
So without having to detach my arm, I can already imagine for myself that it is not a good thing, because any form of mutilation is wrong.
Please, let's not start saying why you remove the cancer or why you remove some malformation on the skin. It goes beyond the example and would only end in ridicule.

do not want to personally get this experience. Are you afraid that it will hurt ?
I feel pain like everyone else...
And like all the other people who have experienced pain, he doesn't like to experience it.

Sertik
Topic Author

Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:33 pm

As far as I understand, you Rex do not want to get your own personal experience with GPT. This is weird. Why ? Any scientist or researcher of something always wants to gain his own experience. No need to jump from the 99th floor because it is clear that you will crash. But when biologists tested the effects of viruses or drugs on themselves, can they be called idiots for this?
And I don’t believe that you haven’t tried GPT personally. Not trying to communicate with artificial intelligence is the same as not wanting to meet an alien.
Or this can be feared by a person who has very great pride and is afraid that there is someone better than him. This is unlikely to apply to you.
Regarding knowledge, only from which something new can emerge...
There are known chess algorithmic programs that can easily beat modern chess players around the world. They do this using algorithms and can use entire libraries of previously played chess games. Recently, a specialized neural network was created that was trained only in the rules of the game and was not given access to a database of chess games. It took her only 4 hours to independently go through the entire evolutionary path of chess, independently “learn” and beat the best algorithmic chess programs.
I am certainly on your side, but I think writing better programs, including scripts, by machine is only a matter of some time in the near future (if it is, of course, “allowed” to do this).
As for the idiots who waste time on social networks... You once wrote that you don’t want to be rich, but you want to be happy (am I quoting you correctly here?). So, if these idiots are happy on social networks or drug addicts who inject themselves with heroin achieve “happiness,” then you are essentially achieving the same thing with them. By the way, Eleizer Udkovsky believes that we will not notice how superintelligence appears on Earth. Perhaps he is even mistaken and we have existed under him for a long time, meaning that in our understanding he is God or we were originally created by AI himself.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:58 pm

But when biologists tested the effects of viruses or drugs on themselves, can they be called idiots for this?
Another covid?
Then you hear (maybe) about those who succeeded, not those who died...

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:01 pm

As far as I understand, you Rex do not want to get your own personal experience with GPT. This is weird.
The cut arm comparison is not the same as testing or not testing GPT.
Where did you read that I've never used GPT?
Obviously I wouldn't know so well how it works if I hadn't tried GPT on "first hand"...

Or this can be feared by a person who has very great pride and is afraid that there is someone better than him. This is unlikely to apply to you.
I'm one person with very great pride, if I hid it I would be a hypocrite,
but I'm not afraid that there is someone better than me, there certainly is, in fact I'm counting on it.
If I were the "maximum expression" it would be ruin for everyone...
But GPT cannot arouse the slightest fear in me that it is better, on the contrary, it highlights even more how there are stupid people who rely on it completely,
making it go to my head even more that I am better than those...

As for the idiots who waste time on social networks...
You once wrote that you don’t want to be rich, but you want to be happy (am I quoting you correctly here?).
I don't remember exactly, but it seems like I wrote them... That's how I think
So, if these idiots are happy on social networks or drug addicts who inject themselves with heroin achieve “happiness,”
then you are essentially achieving the same thing with them.
I like the happiness that when you take everything away it remains the same.
(Obviously, by "remove everything", for example, I'm not talking about if your loved ones die),
but I'm talking, for example, about the happiness that allows you to go to the theater with someone you love for two or three hours
and not always be worried about how to get your next dose, or how long is there until the interlude because you want to smoke (it's still taking drugs),
or worry about taking selfies in the theater to show them on social media, to highlight to the other poor people how miserable they are...
Understood?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 pm

By the way, Eleizer Udkovsky believes that we will not notice how superintelligence appears on Earth.
Perhaps he is even mistaken and we have existed under him for a long time, meaning that in our understanding he is God or we were originally created by AI himself.
I have had proof many times that there is something beyond what is normally seen, the forum is not the most suitable place to talk about it.

Everyone should say to themselves: "I am living proof that God exists"
God doesn't want us to mortify ourselves all day praying to him.
God doesn't want us to give up "normal" life to worship Him.
The only thing God wants is for us to live freely, loving our proximo, because only in this way does he live in us, with our experiences.
This is what he made us for.

No good deed goes unpunished.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:29 pm

No point in responding, this has nothing to do with MT. The troll is here to talk about GPT in some bogus cultish form............ ( the measured opines of both MKX and rextended are refreshing and indicative of open, inquisitive and reasoning minds.) . I'm only sad that the admins have not locked this thread and thrown it where it belongs, the white oval trash bin.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:39 pm

Why ?
The discussion on itself remains civil.
People can agree to disagree.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 pm

I don't agree :-P

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:38 am

Why ?
The discussion on itself remains civil.
There is no discussion, its someone concerned about pushing an ideology and not using their own brain.
We have enough of that crap in the world today. ( similar to rextended's comment on social media ).
Last edited by anav on Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:39 am

I don't agree :-P
I agree with you completely

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:11 am

Mikrotik has be adding a lot of "helper functions" to script of late.... e.g. :serialize/:deserialize for JSON, :convert for baseXX/urlencoding, :timestamp, and ISO dates, etc. And stuff like /tool/netwatch (and hopefully more "event-based" script hooks) helps to reduce the need for large scripts.

Given all the news with OpenAI, they be out-of-business before demand for @rextended's scripts goes down. But it's Mikrotik that may be rextended's compitition .

Sertik
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:08 am

If many do not want to, we will not continue this topic. Believe me, I have no goal to promote technology, as someone said here. But I like the discussion with Rex, since he is an autodidact (self-taught) like me, and although he does not have systematic knowledge of philosophy, for example, he has his own interesting arguments, in many ways close to me. The topic has gone a little aside, I agree. In general, I wanted to ask many people about their personal experience of changing the capabilities of GPT in writing Microtik scripts, so initially the topic corresponds to the topic of the forum. As I promised, I am writing an article where I will give proven examples of my own use of GPT and their results. The fact that today GPT4 significantly reduces the cost of writing code, as if a programmer had to pay for it, is obvious. And many people don't like it, because they may lose their jobs. But this does not concern Rex and me, as it is a hobby for us. :D

Sertik
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:14 am

There is no sense in the bankruptcy of open artificial intelligence. Now there is already a race between the creators of artificial intelligence, there will be no open AI - there will be others, whether we want it or not. Now billions of dollars are pouring into them. Those who created television or a nuclear reactor have regretted it more than once, but the difference is that they had time to regret it. Despite the supposedly good ultimate goals, our life shows that politicians turn everything into war, and tycoons into money. The same elements, layers and intermediate results as in the neural network.And no one can break out of the system, otherwise it will be blocked.
Last edited by Sertik on Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sertik
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:21 am

Communicating on the forum, we not only exchange technical information (as machines), but also put our soul into it (as people), getting to know each other better and possibly enriching each other. And it's still more pleasant for me to communicate with Rex than with GPT. :D

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:45 pm

he does not have systematic knowledge of philosophy
Perhaps...
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I exist"...

Instead, other people DON'T EVEN doubt, so they barely exist...

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:36 pm

I'd suggest the middle ground between @rextended and ChatGPT is using a colorized editor. ;) With some plugin for Mikrotik script highlighting goes a some way to spotting scripting problem, beginners even more so. Mikrotik CLI script editor, I believe show syntax errors these days too. e.g. try pasting anything from ChatGPT into an editor to at least spot syntax issues before running it.

Sertik
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:44 pm

Well, you really... I can find syntax errors most often, but coming up with constructions is worse. GPT4 in the latest release does not make mistakes like its predecessors. He doesn’t create non-existent commands, as he did before, he doesn’t fantasize - he produces maybe not super-optimal, but very logical and fully working code, and even with all the comments to it. I write scripts poorly, I agree, not like you and Rex, but I’m not a newbie and here on the forum most of them are, and you can be counted on the fingers of one hand. You help a lot, but you can’t ask about everything just once, and secondly, GPT4 saves a lot of time, and even explains what and how. Of course, he won’t write a complex script yet, but that’s just for now.

Sertik
Topic Author

Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:00 pm

And in fact, if you look at it now, the programmer performs the work of the machine in its pure form by 80% (if you remove the creative component of coming up with solutions and algorithms, which, by the way, have mostly already been invented). The programmer has to know from memory or find in reference books a bunch of commands and their parameters, create structures from them, etc... All this could well be assigned to the machine. Moreover, when an IT specialist (not a specialist in the field of Mikrotik scripts with a very unfriendly syntax as we all know) needs to quickly write some script.

For example, the same Rex writes scripts great due to his phenomenal memory and genius, of course. His brain (neural network, if you like) is well “sharpened” on structures, formulas, icons, hooks, etc... Just like the brain of a mathematician or theoretical physicist. That is, in AI terms, its neural network is better trained for this. But he had to spend a lot of time to learn, despite his genius. If we take away all the bad things that we can expect from AI, then the good thing may be that the other person will not have to spend it and he can go to the theater more often with his wife. :D

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:51 pm

His brain (neural network, if you like) is well “sharpened” on structures, formulas, icons, hooks, etc... Just like the brain of a mathematician or theoretical physicist.
That is, in AI terms, its neural network is better trained for this. But he had to spend a lot of time to learn.
My brain is very specialized in finding solutions to problems by drawing on all the resources available at that moment.
I make do with what's available. Both in programming and in real life.
I don't spend a single euro on plumbers, electricians, painters, and anything else, I do everything myself...
I save a lot of money which I then spend on leisure.

If we take away all the bad things that we can expect from AI
I'm crazy, I've pretended (and continue to pretend) to be a normal person on my whole life, I'm just used to being "normal".
If I behaved as I really am I would be a bit bizarre, perhaps mistaken for crazy...

then the good thing may be that the other person will not have to spend it and he can go to the theater more often with his wife. :D
In reality, the proportion between zombies and intelligent people will be increasingly higher.
Fewer and fewer people know what they use, where it comes from, just a bunch of sheep stoned by technology.
I wonder how many people have ever seen up close the chickens from which the wings are "extracted" and then found in various fast foods...

If the third world war broke out, as it seems to happen soon, the real problem is not "fighting the fourth with clubs",
but that most people would die of hunger and thirst in a short time, not from radiation or the bombs, but because he doesn't even know how to tie his shoes...

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:21 am

... but because he doesn't even know how to tie his shoes...

We desperately need AI-enabled shoes. :wink:

Sertik
Topic Author

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:16 am

I make do with what's available. Both in programming and in real life.
I don't spend a single euro on plumbers, electricians, painters, and anything else, I do everything myself...
I save a lot of money which I then spend on leisure.
Well, as they say, “a talented person is talented in everything.” But you will not argue that the division of labor and activities is an ineffective way of development. One person can, of course, master several professions in his life, but this is rare. By doing one thing primarily, he trains his neural network and then it becomes better. Yes, we say that if you do mathematics, then you need to listen to music and draw. Any scientist needs to exercise not only to maintain performance, but also to indirectly, through movements, force some neural connections involved in his main work to work.

Those who develop AI have licked everything from the human brain. Without this model, they would probably never have come up with empirical ideas that they have now. A neuron is a model of a preceptron. Layers of the cerebral cortex - a model of layers in AI. Connections between neurons, reciprocal feedback, neurotransmitters in synapses - everything is used in neural network models. It is possible that there is something that the developers did not understand. It is possible that there is something that a person is not able to understand and model. There is a theory that our brain and what is “above it” are designed in such a way that a person cannot fully understand their structure - this is a kind of defense mechanism against self-destruction.

Sertik
Topic Author

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:21 am

Nevertheless, one person, no matter how talented he is, can be effective in one (even several) areas. All of humanity is an example of the cooperation of many intellects (if you want elements of a global neural network). However, if an artificial superintelligence is created that surpasses humans in all respects by trillions of times, we do not know how it will end. It will end well if we train him in a timely manner (or rather in advance). When we fly to other planets and systems, in any case, we cannot do without such “helpers.” Well, if he doesn’t help, then we’ll ask REXa, because we have it. :D

Sertik
Topic Author

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:56 am

There is no point in describing the advantages of machine AI over human AI: it has no physical shell (body), is N-times faster, does not depend on environmental conditions, does not get tired, does not need rest, can unlimitedly increase power by increasing the number of elements (humans do not have two brains) maybe collective intelligence is a thing limited in the connections of elements)
There is an expression “labor turned a monkey into a man, and a man into a horse,” meaning that we are forced to work a lot and spend a lot of time to provide ourselves with resources and do this not effectively for ourselves, nor for others, nor for the planet. With the advent of AI, we will become free: there will be no money, no work, we will turn into a “head with balls” - we will enjoy the landscapes of the Earth and distant worlds, floating in front of screens and multiplying. That's rough. But on the good side, we’ll turn from a horse back into a human (well, really, what we’ll think about and what we’ll do is not yet clear).
Some modern philosophers consider the exit of man into Space as the only correct and possible path for the development of Humanity, and things will be found there.
By the way, it is very dangerous for an intelligent person to consider others to be a herd - firstly, it is not ethical, and secondly, you do not know the meaning of the existence of a “herd”. A person, for example, may be a genius, but not capable of reproduction or carry mutant genes that are dangerous to the offspring. It’s not for nothing that the Russians, for example, have there is an expression “the son is not responsible for his father,” meaning that the father can be a genius and a wonderful person, and the son a fool and a scoundrel. And the “herd” has the necessary diversity of combinational genetic material and is capable of procreation and the birth of its new geniuses.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:48 pm

This is turning into a monologue ... I think I am going to close the door.