Community discussions

MikroTik App

ssaliba
just joined
Topic Author

Wifi connection issues on slave configuration

Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:18 pm

I have a strange issue when provisioning a Slave Configuration using CapsMan on a hAP ax3. The Master config works without issues but whatever slave configuration I add I always have the same symptom. The device sucessfully connects and disconnects within seconds. The only logs available are the ones attached. Has anyone by any chance encountered this issue and solved it ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pterhu
just joined

Re: Wifi connection issues on slave configuration

Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:33 pm

Hello!

I've the same issue but not only on ax3. I'm using 2 capAX, 1 ax2 and 1 ax3 with capsman.
If only one SSID is activated on 2.4ghz interfaces, everything is okay, all client (~40) are connected and they have stable connection.
If the second SSID is also activated (master + slave cfg), clients keep disconnecting from both network. In this case I've the same log entries like ssaliba.

Working Capsman cfg (only one 2.4 SSID):
/interface wifi channel
add band=2ghz-ax disabled=no name=channel-2ghz skip-dfs-channels=10min-cac width=20mhz
add band=5ghz-ax disabled=no name=channel-5ghz skip-dfs-channels=10min-cac width=20/40mhz
/interface wifi datapath
add bridge=bridge1 disabled=no name=datapath-intra vlan-id=10
add bridge=bridge1 disabled=no name=datapath-restricted vlan-id=20
add bridge=bridge1 disabled=no name=datapath-guest vlan-id=30
/interface wifi security
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk,wpa3-psk connect-priority=0/1 disabled=no ft=yes ft-over-ds=yes name=sec-intra wps=disable
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk connect-priority=0/1 disabled=no ft=no ft-over-ds=no name=sec-restricted wps=disable
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk,wpa3-psk connect-priority=0/1 disabled=no ft=yes ft-over-ds=yes name=sec-guest wps=disable
/interface wifi configuration
add channel=channel-5ghz country=Hungary disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg-intra-5ghz security=sec-intra ssid=Intra
add channel=channel-2ghz country=Hungary disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg-intra-2.4ghz security=sec-intra ssid=Intra
add channel=channel-2ghz country=Hungary disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg-restricted-2.4ghz security=sec-restricted security.ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=\
    Restricted steering.rrm=no .wnm=no
add channel=channel-2ghz country=Hungary disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg-guest-2.4ghz security=sec-guest security.ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=Guest
add channel=channel-5ghz country=Hungary disabled=no mode=ap name=cfg-guest-5ghz security=sec-guest security.ft=no .ft-over-ds=no ssid=Guest
/interface wifi capsman
set enabled=yes package-path=/ require-peer-certificate=no upgrade-policy=suggest-same-version
/interface wifi provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled disabled=no master-configuration=cfg-restricted-2.4ghz supported-bands=2ghz-ax
add action=create-dynamic-enabled disabled=no master-configuration=cfg-intra-5ghz supported-bands=5ghz-ac

NON-working Capsman cfg (two SSID on 2.4)
/interface wifi provisioning
add action=create-dynamic-enabled disabled=no master-configuration=cfg-restricted-2.4ghz slave-configurations=cfg-intra-2.4ghz supported-bands=2ghz-ax
add action=create-dynamic-enabled disabled=no master-configuration=cfg-intra-5ghz supported-bands=5ghz-ac
I played with Steering, Connect priority, Channel band, Channel width without success.

ssaliba
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:10 am

I seem to have resolved the issue. Unlike the legacy CAPSMAN which allows the selection of a bridge to which interfaces should be added when local forwarding mode is used, the new CAPSMAN only supports local forwarding but does now allow for the specification of such bridge.

I added the slave wifi interface manually to the bridge and voila no more disconnections. Of course the disconnections were not WiFi related but due to the device not obtaining an IP address.

Ideally I would like someone from Mikrotik to confirm my reasoning.

whatever

Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:03 am

You can use slaves-datapath in cap settings to set the bridge for slaves. If it's unset, slaves will inherit the bridge from master interface's "datapath.bridge" setting on the cap since ROS 7.13.

ssaliba
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:10 pm

Thanks for the tip. Using the slaves-datapath did the trick too and it was automatic without manual intervention

pterhu
just joined

Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:10 pm

Do you use different bridge or VLAN for each SSID?

I've 1 bridge and 1 VLAN (for now). First I would like to have only 2 SSID without VLANs, I would set VLANs later.
I tried to set datapath.bridge=bridge1 for master and slave config, but client keeps disassociated/disconnecting.
What am I messing up?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pterhu on Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pterhu
just joined

Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:29 pm

My problem is solved:
I had to set it up the wifi interface>datapath>bridge option at CAP side.

What is the datapath bridge setting for at CAPsMAN side?