Community discussions

MikroTik App

ninja365
Topic Author

SXT LTE Dial Out VPN to Draytek Router.

Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:08 am

Hi all,

I wonder if i can get some pointers/advice/help here please. I have a few SXT LTE 4g devices across different locations and would like to create a connection from each LTE device into my Draytek router which acts as the VPN server. Because of CGNAT its not possible to create a VPN tunnel so a dial in connection is the next best thing. Because of the distance to site, i really would like to get this working ASAP as having some issues with one of the units and making changes remotely will reduce delays and travelling.

So far i have configured a L2P / IPSec dial out connection on the SXT unit, and it connects succesfully to the Draytek. I see a local IP address from the Draytek visible back on the Interface status page on the SXT Unit and i can ping from the SXT back to the Draytek. I cannot get a ping from the Draytek back to the SXT and this is the direction of the connection that needs to work for remote access and monitoring. I am running WinBox 7.13.1 to configure the devices and even after reading multiple articles and walkthroughs still can't get it working correctly.

What am I missing?. I am guessing something in the Firewall NAt settings?.

Thanks
Joe.