Community discussions

MikroTik App

ecylcje
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN TRUNK Issues when moving to Cap Ax (across ports)

Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Hi,

I'm a bit confused as to how I should configured my Cap Ax for vlan trunk across ports.

Until now I've had:

Internet <-> Power Box (Vlan trunk) <-> (Trunk ether1) Cap Ac (Trunk ether2) <-> (Trunk) 750 GL

This has been working fine until now because the Cap Ac had Vlan Trunk Filtering enabled on the bridge. With the Vlans configured on the bridge of the 750 GL all ports (ether 2 - 5) were working fine for vlan ports/trunks

I have now moved to Cap Ax instead of Cap Ac, with Capsman Wave2.

Internet <-> Power Box (Vlan trunk) <-> (Trunk ether1) Cap Ax (Trunk ether2) <-> (Trunk) 750 GL

For Capsman to work (and the Cap Ax to serve Wifi) I've needed to disable the vlan filtering on the bridge of the Cap Ax, at which point my Vlan Trunk seems to have stopped working on the 750 Gl. Nothing on the 750 GL is able to get an IP address. I do see logs on the power box saying it is offering IPs but these are not accepted.

I can add configs, but I'm not really sure of the high level approach, as it seems for Capsman to work on the Ax Wave2 boxes the Vlan Filtering needs to be disabled and this seems to confuse me. I thought for VLAN Trunks to work across ether1 to ether2 (on the Ax) this would be required to be enabled.

Thanks in advance,

Chris