Community discussions

MikroTik App

UplinkLLC
just joined
Topic Author

How do I get the flag status

Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:22 am

Hello,

We have the Dude 6.48.1 running as a CHR in a virtual machine. Is there a way to get the flag status like how the Dude client displays a blue flag when all is good and a red flag when stuff is down. We would like to know when the flag is red programmatically. I had a look at Dude settings in the Dude server, in hopes of making an API call, but cannot see where it would show the flag status or network health. I am not sure if this is even possible. Perhaps there is a better way to tell if there is an outage which would cause red flag. I am looking for ideas. Email notifications won't work for us, but maybe an rsyslog server collecting info is the only way. Looking for ideas, or maybe someone knows of an API call to get the network health from the Dude server?

Thank you in advance
Dan

UplinkLLC
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How do I get the flag status

Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:02 am

Hello again,

When I log into our dude server with winbox and click on the dude button and then go to devices I see a status column. From the cli, I want to print out all the devices and show their status.

I expected the shell command below would print a list of all the devices that appear online to the dude.
/dude device print detail where .dead=no 
The above outputs nothing.
/dude device print detail where .dead=yes
The above also outputs nothing.

Is there another way to achieve this?

Thank you,

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:10 am

/dude device print detail where !.dead

/dude device print detail where .dead

UplinkLLC
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:40 am

Thanks for the reply, and good try, but:
/dude device print detail where !.dead

the above prints out the list same as:
/dude device print detail
I made a dude icon with an IP address that would fail. The icon is red on the dude and the flag is red. The code below prints out nothing.
/dude device print detail where .dead
Thank you,

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:19 pm

The CLI and API are not finished (they are barely even started). There is no hope of getting anything out of those and Mikrotik are not interested.
The only way to get information out is via Notifications. I use "execute locally" to run something on the machine running the Dude client.
It's not very reliable and often crashes the latter. Mikrotik weren't interested in fixing that either, despite me sending them all the info and crash logs etc. (several times).