Community discussions

MikroTik App

ecylcje
just joined
Topic Author

HAPac2 - Issues connecting to certain 5Ghz channels

Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:27 pm

Hi,

I've probably done something wrong, but I have a netinstalled HAP ac2 (international non locked version) with wifi-qcom-ac
/interface wifi
set [ find default-name=wifi1 ] configuration.mode=ap
set [ find default-name=wifi2 ] configuration.mode=station
/ip hotspot profile
set [ find default=yes ] html-directory=hotspot
/system note
set show-at-login=no
The issue is when I run a scan on my 5ghz wifi2 interface I can see my access points (Cap AX) running on 5220 (furthest away with a -97 signal), but I cannot see the ones running on 5745 (1 meter away). They just don't show up on the list and therefore when I try to connect to them as a station bridge it does not work.

I can connect to the 5745 access points via android mobile and laptop, just not via the HAP ac2, which I'm wanting to use as a station bridge switch.

Have I done something stupid?

Thanks,

Chris

whatever

Re: HAPac2 - Issues connecting to certain 5Ghz channels  [SOLVED]

Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:43 pm

AC devices with wifi-qcom-ac driver and a european country selected are currently missing the 5700-5800 SDR range from their regulation info. It is, however, available on AX devices with wifi-qcom driver.

Theoretically it might be possible set country to Australia and tx-power to 14, but -- of course -- you should never set an incorrect country. In legacy "wireless" driver, there is a special etsi sdr 5.7-5.8 country available.