Community discussions

MikroTik App

stealth
Topic Author

LHG 60G - new MT and firmware link regression

Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:53 pm

Hi,
I have many LHG 60G kits as a ptp links with various range deployed. I have never bothered about upgrading them much often as our routers, so they basically all stayed at MT version 6.47.7 and factory FW 6.42.1. Few days ago I have upgraded all links one by one both MT and FW version 6.49.11 and some weird stuff happened. All of the links dropped rapidly on Rate, quality, rssi and stability. They were perfectly stable before the point of upgrade. After noticing I have reverted both FW and MT version to last known good versions 6.42.1 FW and 6.47.7 MT. The date of interest in the graph are from 20-21.1.2024

Link #1 went completely down, unable to pair:

Link #2

Link #3
This is how it looks after downgrade again:
Rock solid. But when the fw was 6.49.11 the signa, rate, was jumping for two days terribly. The link also went down many times.

I can provide more details if some support would be interested. I also plan to search for the breaking firmware version sometimes. I'm not brave enough to upgrade to V7, coz I'm not sure if I would be able to downgrade to V6 if same problem would be also there.