Community discussions

MikroTik App

button
just joined
Topic Author

limits of RADIUS-Sessions & capsman

Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:34 am

Hey there,
for performance reasons, I would like to switch from an MSSID environment with three SSIDs to four access points to a single SSID. The three SSIDs had a thematic separation into smarthome, guests and private. The MAC addresses of the devices in the "private" (VLAN100) and "smarthome" (VLAN200) networks are known. In my current implementation, I have organized the VLAN assignment through the access-list in capsman. The private and smarthome networks have different PSKs.
The guest network and the private network have the same PSK. The only difference here is the MAC address. Separation with a further PSK for the guest network is not realistic, as it is not possible to prevent the PSK from being shared. The IPs are assigned by the internal RADIUS server.
Because there are around 60 smarthome devices in this network, I am already at the end of my licensing rights with the L5 license and may no longer be able to get in.
How could I redesign it so that guests and private devices use the same PSK and I don't have any problems with the limitation of the radius sessions?

greets
button