Community discussions

MikroTik App

dotagaming
just joined
Topic Author

Assistance Needed with Cube 60Pro ac Pair for Low Latency

Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:00 pm

Hello MikroTik Community,

I'm reaching out to seek advice on optimizing my Cube 60Pro ac pair (Wireless Wire Cube Pro) for a specific use case. My primary goal is to achieve the lowest possible latency over a 300-meter link, which will be predominantly used for gaming. Therefore, achieving the highest link speed is not my top priority.

Given the importance of stable, low latency for gaming, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations on the best settings to use. Specifically, I'm looking for advice on:

The ideal MHz setting for this scenario.
The most suitable frequency to use to minimize latency.
I understand that fine-tuning these devices can be complex, and there might be trade-offs between speed, stability, and latency. Any insights, experiences, or guidance on achieving a stable connection with the lowest latency would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

tangent
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Assistance Needed with Cube 60Pro ac Pair for Low Latency

Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:51 am

The most suitable frequency to use to minimize latency.

353 THz (Math)

dotagaming
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:40 pm

Talking about Cube 60 pro ac not fiber :)

tangent
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:56 pm

Yes, I know. What I also know is that if reliably low-latency comms is your prime concern, running cable is a far better plan than sending the data over a shared RF medium occupying junk spectrum. For a 300m run, you want fiber, not copper.

dotagaming
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:13 pm

Yes, I know. What I also know is that if reliably low-latency comms is your prime concern, running cable is a far better plan than sending the data over a shared RF medium occupying junk spectrum. For a 300m run, you want fiber, not copper.
I'm already using Cube 60 pro ac link right now, and its not possible to use fiber cable

igorr29

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am

i've got a friend living rural who is playing dota2 over 6(!) ptp 5ghz links, and he's not complaining about the delay. your 60ghz delay of 2-3 ms is completely irrelevant for the game itself.