Community discussions

MikroTik App

Forage
Topic Author

Device file upload through MAC app connection fails

Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:44 pm

Hi,

Due to my setup with a combination of devices, I connect to one of them (LHG) through the Android app with a MAC connection. This avoids me having to change cables and settings to connect to it though a more 'normal' way. The device itself does not have a direct internet connection.

To be able to perform regular device software updates, I'd like to be able to upload the package file to the device manually. Through a MAC connection this does not work however. The progress remains on 0% indefinitely. When you cancel the transfer, either right away or after a bit, the app has actually lost connection to the device. Any other action after cancellation will result in a "connection timeout" message and the app will return to the login screen.
The MAC connection appears to be the cause. If I pick a different device (hAP ax3 or ac) to which I can connect through IP and MAC, an upload works with an IP connection but not with the MAC connection.

I noticed this behaviour before, and the issue remains on version 1.3.33 of the Android app.

Should it not be possible to perform a file transfer through a MAC connection?