Community discussions

MikroTik App

t0mm13b
just joined
Topic Author

D53G-5HacD2HnD Wireless

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:24 pm

Hello,
Running v7.13.5 ROS, took the plunge and removed the wireless package, installed the wifi-qcom-ac package and rebooted.
Did not mind that the accesspoints were lost, so reconfigured them.
It was not apparently clear, based off the old defconfig with the wireless package, I had the wifi accesspoints originally configured with the following, coming from the old wireless package
/interface wireless security-profiles add authentication-types=wpa2-psk comment="Security Profile - WifiAP1" group-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm mode=dynamic-keys name=security-profile-WifiAP1 supplicant-identity="" unicast-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm
/interface wireless security-profiles add authentication-types=wpa2-psk comment="Security Profile - WifiAP2" group-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm mode=dynamic-keys name=security-profile-WifiAP2 supplicant-identity="" unicast-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm

/interface wireless set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] band=2ghz-b/g/n channel-width=20/40mhz-XX comment=Wifi 2.4Ghz disabled=no distance=indoors frequency=auto installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge ssid="WifiAP2" wireless-protocol=802.11 wps-mode=disabled security-profile=security-profile-WifiAP1
/interface wireless set [ find default-name=wlan2 ] band=5ghz-a/n/ac channel-width=20/40/80mhz-Ceee comment=Wifi 5Ghz country=Ireland disabled=no distance=indoors frequency=auto hide-ssid=yes installation=indoor mode=ap-bridge ssid="WifiAP2" wireless-protocol=802.11 security-profile=security-profile-WifiAP2
Now with the new driver in place, they are wifi1 and wifi2, so, what would be the best or nearest equivalent frequency / band to use?
I do not see the the channel width or the wireless protocol in the section for the Channel? e.g. 20/40mhz-XX nor 20/40/80mhz-Ceee
2024-02-25_18-15.png
Also, since the older wireless package referenced the security ciphers, due to older devices on the network, I get a warning about TKIP with the wifi-qcom-ac drivers -
2024-02-25_18-20.png
If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.