Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

How to stop NTP client logging

Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:43 pm

Hi I have hap ac lite @7.10.2 that bores me with so many NTP entrieson log, I don't understand why it needs to syncronize so often, anyway I would not see them on log, how can I stop it logging? (or reduce the syncronization intervals every 120min for examle? Thanks

aoakeley
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: How to stop NTP client logging

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:59 pm

This should probably work (have not tested, but probably should)

/system logging
set 0 topics=info,!ntp

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:40 pm

thank you!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:24 pm

Hi I have hap ac lite @7.10.2 that bores me with so many NTP entrieson log, I don't understand why it needs to syncronize so often ...
Normally if NTP client doesn't have to step clock, it doesn't emit any log. And normally stepping clock only happens shortly after booting device as initial time estimate is usually off by a few minutes. The rest of time device's clock should run more or less accurately and NTP client won't step it (it may perform minor adjustments, but those don't emit log entries).

So if you see frequent NTP log lines, this means that either your network is really unstable (which makes NTP timestamps jump up and down due to highly asymmetric delay) ... or (more likely) device has very inaccurate CPU clock (which makes RTC run fast or slow) and NTP has to fix it frequently.

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:12 pm

It can be unstablem but it can't justify so many entries, I need to reduce them. With earler versions there weren't such entries, network was the same, the problem appears on other devices with different architecture, with great CPU too..
It looks something changed with recent FW.
Disable the cloud clock didn't help.
logntp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.