Community discussions

MikroTik App

morphema
just joined
Topic Author

Audience network setup with wifi-qcom-ac

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:31 pm

Hey folks!

I'm trying to configure two Mikrotik Audiences (7.13.5) with the wifiwave2 package. However, I have had limited luck with the CAP setup. Here is what I did step by step:
  1. Installed the wifi-qcom-ac package on the primary device and reset the configuration.
  2. I added rules for wlan1 (2ghz) and wlan2 (5ghz) and enabled capsman on wlan3
  3. I created AP on wlan3 with a hidden SSID.
  4. I could see and use both WiFi networks on my devices at this step
  5. Then I took the second Audience device, installed a new package, reset the configuration in CAPs mode, and connected it to the primary device via Ethernet.

This cap got IP via Ethernet, so I connected to the admin panel and configured wlan3 as a Station. I'm unsure if this is a proper mode, but both wlan1 and wlan2 on CAP became provisioned via CAPSMAN.

I was glad everything seemed to work, and I disconnected the ethernet cable from the CAP device. After that, I saw a bizarre thing — both interfaces on CAP are still provisioned by Capsman, but CAP doesn't receive an IP address. I cannot connect to the admin panel anymore.

I want to underline that I didn't create any datapaths on both devices, so their wlan3 networks are not in any bridge. If I add wlan3 in bridge on any device, provisioning stops on CAP. I also didn't change any firewall rules.

Please let me know what I could overlook.

morphema
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Audience network setup with wifi-qcom-ac

Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:17 pm

Problem solved. CAP mode on Audience devices seems to be broken.