Community discussions

MikroTik App

Noner
just joined
Topic Author

[NOOB] ISP -> Mikrotik in Bridge mode tryouts

Thu Feb 29, 2024 5:05 pm

As a noob for MikroTik and setting things in ROS or ROS syntax I present you small challenge to improve my Home networking and improve my knowledge.
Currently owning ISP ZTE F680 router that serve WAN (1Gbps Downlink) <-> LAN, I am trying to put my HeX into use to be main Router serving LAN, BTH, VPN service and cut ties to ISP Router ISP spying and Tech Support asking information on my basic questions
My Q: "My PC do not have Internet access as ONT Link failed, can you fix it?
ISP A: "I have done reset of your Router. Why there is only one ASUS device on your network? Do you have more devices connect your devices directly? If yes, please connect them directly to our router"
My A: "That is not your concern all devices connected to ASUS device work normally I just do not have Internet from your Router. Simply I can't access GOOGLE.COM!!!" Then Hangup and restored router settings I backed up.

This is current Topology as stating first stage of migration of my working Internet connection.
1. Curr Topo.png
ISP F680 setup pages that drives my current working Internet connection:
ISP Profile.png
ISP DHCP TR069 Port bind.png
ISP DHCP TR069 Settings.png
Internet work normally

1st stage: During test stages I would like to make this network topology that includes HeX as Main router and look like this:
2. Test case Topo.png

So I created ISP router Bridge Profile and reserved separate port for Bridge:
ISP in Bridge Mode.png
ISP in Bridge Mode Port binding.png

Tried connecting HeX WAN Port to Bridge port using WinBox:
1. ip\Firewall - Nat, press "+" and create (Chain-srcnat) (dst addr-192.168.1.0/24) (Out interface - eth0)
2. gone to the Action tab and in the drop-down menu (Action select - masquarade diud not filled rest -> click ok
3. ip\Routes, click "+" and create a static route to the network 192.168.1.0/24, filling in only (Dst addr - 192.168.1.0/24) and (GateWay - eth0))

Nothing :( No Internet :(

Where I am Mistaking?

Thank you all for help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.