Community discussions

MikroTik App

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

I'm going to jump off the building:CCR1036-8G-2S+

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:39 pm

Hello, I'm at my wit's end and not sure who else to turn to. My router is acting up and I can't seem to get it to connect to the internet no matter what I try. I'm really desperate here because without internet, I can't get any work done, and it's driving me crazy. Could you please help me troubleshoot this? I would greatly appreciate it.

Can I replace the memory chips on the motherboard by myself if they are damaged? Because I saw that DDR3 memory chips currently have 2G each, I want to replace the broken ones with 16gb. Has the system firmware locked the memory capacity? Does the PCB of CCR1036-8G-2S+ support dual crystal particles?

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Re: I'm going to jump off the building:CCR1036-8G-2S+

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:49 pm

NT5CC256M16ER-EK ---> DDR3 16Gb D9STR MT41K1G16DGA-125

CCR1036-8G-2S+ memory chips are seen to be single-crystal chips. Now I want to replace them with dual-crystal chips. Is there support?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:52 pm

What makes you think you should replace memory chips ??

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:06 pm

Four years ago, with a restless heart, I purchased a router. Since then, it has become the center of our home network and one of my most faithful companions. Day in and day out, it has silently served us, never faltering, regardless of day or night.

However, recently I discovered its issues. It started malfunctioning, and I felt like my heart was being torn apart, as if I had lost a part of myself. This router is not just the core of our home network but also the hardest-working member of our small family. I cannot accept its breakdown, especially after seeing the release of a new model by the official company.

Although the new router boasts powerful features, for me, this old router is not just a device but a part of my family. It has integrated into my life, just like a loved one. Now, facing difficulties, I simply cannot bear the thought of abandoning it.

Almost every night, I dream that it needs treatment, and its pleading eyes haunt me. I deeply love it, and I need everyone's help to save my beloved router, just as I would save my most precious family member.

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 02, 2024 7:08 pm

Now, facing difficulties, I simply cannot bear the thought of abandoning it.

Almost every night, I dream that it needs treatment, and its pleading eyes haunt me. I deeply love it, and I need everyone's help to save my beloved router, just as I would save my most precious family member.

jaclaz
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:05 pm

But is your affection for the router for the model or for the specific device/unit?

I think that here or there some devices of that model can still be found for sale, maybe you can buy a substitute to be used while you have your beloved one repaired.

You will probably want to fill a form at the repair shop with your preferences about allowed transplants, like:
Capacitors: Yes
Power supply: Yes
Motherboard: No
Single chip (excluded CPU): Yes
CPU chip: No
Personally I am against surgery, like replacing memory chips, unless really needed, but everyone may have their own opinion on the matter.

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:33 am

If your car breaks down and you call the mechanic for help, don't describe the problem, just tell him that "this old car is not just a vehicle but a part of my family. It has integrated into my life, just like a loved one. Now, facing difficulties, I simply cannot bear the thought of abandoning it."

I am sure he will understand the problem immediately and give you a fix with no further questions :lol: :lol:

gabacho4

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:11 am

A haiku to my beloved...

You are my router
You connect me to the world
I love you so much

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:49 am

But is your affection for the router for the model or for the specific device/unit?

I think that here or there some devices of that model can still be found for sale, maybe you can buy a substitute to be used while you have your beloved one repaired.

You will probably want to fill a form at the repair shop with your preferences about allowed transplants, like:
Capacitors: Yes
Power supply: Yes
Motherboard: No
Single chip (excluded CPU): Yes
CPU chip: No
Personally I am against surgery, like replacing memory chips, unless really needed, but everyone may have their own opinion on the matter.
My router now needs a memory chip replacement, but I'm really unsure if it's compatible. It's leaving me feeling incredibly frustrated and anxious because it's become such an integral part of my life. I'm genuinely worried about losing it because it's more than just a device to me; it's a part of my daily existence. I'm hoping to find a solution to save my router and continue sharing every moment together.

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:07 am

Buy a new router and put the old one above fireplace with "In loving memory of CCR1036" sign.

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:03 am

Buy a new router and put the old one above fireplace with "In loving memory of CCR1036" sign.
The mere thought of accepting a new router weighs heavily on my heart, almost unbearable. The old router has been with me for four years, witnessing every aspect of my life, serving as the conduit for countless significant moments of connectivity. It's more than just a device; it's a part of my life, an essential tool for work, leisure, and communication.

Now, faced with its malfunction, I feel a deep pang of sorrow. I try to envision life without it, but the thought is too distressing to bear. The idea of replacing it fills me with immense sadness and unease.

My affection for it goes beyond its performance; it's about the significance it holds in my life. Like a loyal companion, it has been by my side through every day and night, never faltering. Now, confronted with this reality, I feel overwhelmed. I'm unsure if I can adapt to a new router, if it can fill the void left by the old one. This uncertainty leaves me feeling utterly lost and helpless.

xiaohuangrentuzi
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:04 am

The mere thought of accepting a new router weighs heavily on my heart, almost unbearable. The old router has been with me for four years, witnessing every aspect of my life, serving as the conduit for countless significant moments of connectivity. It's more than just a device; it's a part of my life, an essential tool for work, leisure, and communication.

Now, faced with its malfunction, I feel a deep pang of sorrow. I try to envision life without it, but the thought is too distressing to bear. The idea of replacing it fills me with immense sadness and unease.

My affection for it goes beyond its performance; it's about the significance it holds in my life. Like a loyal companion, it has been by my side through every day and night, never faltering. Now, confronted with this reality, I feel overwhelmed. I'm unsure if I can adapt to a new router, if it can fill the void left by the old one. This uncertainty leaves me feeling utterly lost and helpless.

gigabyte091
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:02 pm

I think moderators should intervene here...

jaclaz
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:05 pm

Cannot say about Mikrotik routers, but on other computing devices memory chips are usually part of the personality of the device.
If you replace them with exactly the same make/model chip the new chips are more likely to adapt to the new (please read as old) environment.
Newer, larger or speedier chips can instead alter noticeably the aura of the device.
I remember a (beloved) old Compaq Concerto (laptop/tablet) running Windows 3.11 that - after I managed to replace a 4 Mb (yes Mb) memory chip with a 16 Mb (yes Mb) one was not anymore the same.
Ahh, the good ol'days, when bytes were real bytes, men were real men and little furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real little furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.

gabacho4

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:05 pm

I think moderators should intervene here...
Someone?! Anyone?! I'm waiting for OP to tell us he's been romantically involved with the router and is the proud father of 3 Hex and a precocious little mAP..

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:42 pm

This is getting weird indeed.
Time to close.