Community discussions

MikroTik App

GiovanniG
Topic Author

since 7.13 lot of "ntp change time" on log, how to reduce them?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:42 pm

Hi, I'm not sure since which version I'm figuring this out, but before the same routers with same config didn't log so much that. It dirties up the log, cutting out many useful other infos.
Also, this is tagged as critical why? A change of 0,5 seconds respect the past isn't critical at all.
I'm logging on disk the critical errors and I want to exclude the NTP update from them, possible?

By the way, I consider that force a delay between updates (for exampel once every 4 hours for me is ok), or update only if the dirreence is more than X seconds, can imply solve all, possibile? Thanks

baragoon

Re: since 7.13 lot of "ntp change time" on log, how to reduce them?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:21 pm

if this is doesn't matter for you - just exclude ntp in the desired (critical) topics

GiovanniG
Topic Author

Re: since 7.13 lot of "ntp change time" on log, how to reduce them?

Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:02 pm

After version 7.13 it looks appeared a bug, the router keeping get time fom cloud and from NTP client (if configured), this creates a lot of time mismatches, disabling the cloud solved the problem.
Maybe a developer will read this and fix for the next versions, if an NTP is specified there are no needs to get time from cloud too