Community discussions

MikroTik App

Dom1n1c
just joined
Topic Author

Port forwarding & PPPoE "Bridge"

Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:01 am

Hey, I got two challenges regarding a GPON Application utilising a mikrotik routerboard.
This project uses a CRS305-1G-4S+IN

The SFP Module (Telekom branded Zyxel PMG3000-D20B) is connected to Port "sfp-sfpplus4" which uses VLAN 7 and PPPoE for Dial in. This does work, I got Internet on the appliance. Some folks might know it - the provider is Telekom in Germany.
  • Can I "reassign" the IP lease or somehow bridge the Internet connection to another Port, e.g. "sfp-sfpplus3"? I would like to offload as much as possible, even in case of adding another security gateway for HA purposes in future.
  • Can I forward a certain Port from the SFP Module (config/Status page) to another IP and Port / the management IP of that switch?
Example for the forwarding:
sfp-sfpplus4 offers an HTTP service on the native VLAN 1: 10.10.1.1/24, I assigned 10.10.1.2 to the interface, I can ping the module etc.
Ether 1 also uses VLAN 1 but another IP address, e.g. 192.168.178.2/24
The NAT Rules I tried did indeed trigger a log entry, but besides that, nothing.
Why am I doing this? The module is capable 2,5Gbit/s, which my security gateway is only providing 1/10Gbit via SFP+. Additionally I want to access the config/status page (10.10.1.1/24)
Thanks!

RhoAius

Re: Port forwarding & PPPoE "Bridge"

Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:06 pm

• You cannot have the pppoe client in one device and have its assigned ip on another.
    You can just bridge the vlan7 and have the pppoe client on another device
  • Yes you can with port forwarding
    Do a dstnat and the "to Address" field should be the ip of the module 10.10.1.1
    You will need "Hairpin NAT" if you want to access the status page via the dstnat from within the network

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Port forwarding & PPPoE "Bridge"

Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:57 pm

Why are you using a switch as a router???
Assuming your internet connection is like 200Mbps or less ??