Community discussions

MikroTik App

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

CAPsMAN v2 update frequency

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:52 pm

How often do clients refresh from CAPsMAN? I'm currently experimenting with CAPsMAN v2 in a legacy cAP ac environment? I've got it working but am experimenting with various settings to see what they do. I've managed to "break" the 2GHz interface of the test cAP ac by setting the supported band to 2GHz AX. Of course this isn't going to work with a AC device so when the ap provisioned itself, the 2GHz interface didn't bind. Appears like this:

I've fixed the provisioning rule to change it back to ""2Ghz N" but 30 minutes later and that interface on the access point has still not come back up:

I know I can remove the device from RemoteCAP and it'll immediately provision correctly but I was kind of expecting the cAP ac to try again after a time. Am I being impatient?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPsMAN v2 update frequency

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:11 pm

To me it seems it provisioned just fine. Missing "R" flag may simply mean that no client is currently connected to that AP.

Or is it that you actually don't see AP broadcasting SSID when using a client to search for WiFi signals?

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:14 pm

The 5GHz interface has provisioned, just not the 2.4GHz interface. I'm currently leaving it to see if it ever corrects itself.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:02 pm

It did provision, that's what the message says.
But you gave it the wrong config.
You can select radio and hit provision again.

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:19 pm

Okay I left it two hours and it didn't try and provision again. IMO that's not very friendly. Worse, I first tried removing the entry Remote CAP. It immediately re-added the 5GHz but still not the 2.4GHz. I rebooted the access point - no difference:

Only until I manually deleted this bad entry did it work:

As I said, not very friendly. I expected a provision that failed like this to re-try automatically.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:34 pm

Probably something was visible in the logs.
Did you check ?