Community discussions

MikroTik App

moveik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Chateau LTE18 ax becomes zombie when lightly touched

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:21 pm

I'm using Chateau LTE18 ax and very happy with it.
Here's a link to its manual:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... u+LTE18+ax

Today I was cleaning the device and around it with a damp cloth, so I moved the device here and there and suddenly noticed that all of my network communication disappeared.

Only the blue LED was active (which is the power LED) and only Ether #5 physical ethernet port was active.
The remaining Ethernet ports weren't active, while Ether #1 should've been active because I was connected to it.
Ether #5 port is 2.5G which is connected to WAN/internet.

I was thinking to myself, maybe I pressed on the WPS button which is on top of the device?
I don't think so. Regardless, it shouldn't render my device useless.
Also I was unable to connect to the device in any way.

So I tried to power off and power on the device using the physical power cable - I simply disconnected the power cable and after a few seconds reconnected it.
Still, nothing has changed - only the blue LED was enabled and continuously lighting, while Ether #5 was active as well, but the remaining Ether ports were disabled.

So I disconnected Ether#5 port and connected the ethernet cable of my PC to ether#5.
Still, couldn't get any connection.

Then I connected my PC's ethernet cable back to Ether#1 and again disconnected power cable of the router and then connected the power cable of the router (while ether#5 is disconnected) - suddenly the connection to the router works!

I was able to connect to the router via the web interface (a.k.a. Webfig) and all my configs seem to stay as-is.
So my configs weren't affected.

Then I tried to connect the ethernet cable of the internet to the Ether #5 port, but then suddenly connection was lost and the router went "zombie" again!
Couldn't connect to it at all.

I tried the same procedure again - with the physical power cable - while barely touching the router (the least as possible), and then suddenly the connection to the router was valid and I could connect to webfig and to the internet as normal.

Now I'm afraid of touching the router.
I don't know what to think of it - any advice?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Chateau LTE18 ax becomes zombie when lightly touched

Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:30 pm

Seems like a loose connector or something internally?
Might have to go through vendor to get an RMA?