Community discussions

MikroTik App

Xymox
Topic Author

Winbox QoS ?

Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:11 pm

OK, I give up, hahaha.. On a 7.15Beta6 CRS309-1G-8S+ I can't find where QoS settings are on Winbox, I can do these settings via command line.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox QoS ?

Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:32 am

You are not alone, the documentation makes one believe its all there but............. its hiding well!!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Planned QoS implementation phases:

QoS Marking. QoS profile matching by ingress packet headers, then egress header alternation according to the assigned QoS profiles (introduced in RouterOS v7.10).
QoS Enforcement. Avoid or resolve congestion based on the assigned QoS profiles and traffic shaping (introduced in RouterOS v7.13 for 98DX224S, 98DX226S, and 98DX3236 switch chips, and extended to all capable switch chips starting from RouterOS v7.15).
QoS Policy. Assign QoS profiles via ACL rules (introduced in RouterOS v7.15).
Extra QoS Features: WRED (Weighted Random Early Detection), ECN notification and processing (introduced in RouterOS v7.15 to capable switch chips).
Traffic shaping.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Starting from RouterOS v7.13, QoS port settings moved from /interface/ethernet/switch/port to /interface/ethernet/switch/qos/port. The "qos-" prefix from the respective fields has been removed (since all fields are qos-related anyway).

Xymox
Topic Author

Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:10 am

Good !, sorta.. I was thinking I was a noob.. Well, I am a noob... But yea, it would be good to have QoS settings as I need to setup AES67 with Ravenna https://www.ravenna-network.com/about-ravenna/ And its networking alphabet soup. I want to get Mikrotik added to this "approved switches" list.. https://merging.atlassian.net/wiki/spac ... NA+-+AES67

Its multicasting, VLAN, QoS and

So I was going to jump into QoS and went, "wait, where is it ?"...

Hopefully I can support AES67 and Dante and Merging..

I am a noob at doing this kind of setup for AES67. Luckily I don't need PTP for my application.

So QoS is all working right ? Its just not showing up on Winbox ? So if I do a bunch of config via command line it WILL work right ? hehehe.. Just checking..

Xymox
Topic Author

Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:43 pm

So I should submit a ticket that QoS is missing on Winbox on 7.15Beta6 CRS309-1G-8S+ ?