Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ruah
just joined
Topic Author

multi WAN & Vlan internet setup

Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:19 am

Hello all,

I am new to some of the more advanced setups for Mikrotik so missing some fundamental understanding of how to do some things I've done a few times on other brands and would appreciate some help.

I am hoping to setup the following:

New Starlink and 2 seperate wireless links (3 Wans total) that will be directing traffic to whatever VLAN I want, I need to be able to change WANs easily.

-Wan 1 is port ether 1, uses as ppoe connecttion to a local p2p wireless antenna.
- Ether 2 goes the the main network that has 4 vlans and a non tagged network currently being migrated to a seperate vlan (it's a new install and a lot of old equipment is being redone to move)
-Wan 2 is another p2p wireless link that is connected over wireless on the network connected to ether 2, I thought to make a seperate vlan for this uplink so its seperate
- Wan 3 is a new Starlink I want to add to ether 9 on a seperate vlan too but not too important if it seperated by port
- all vlans have seperate subnets and DHCPS setups running on the mik, to change internet currently the DHCP gateway is changed on the DHCP to the IP of whatever WAN which to me is not the right way.

Any Mik boffins are welcome !

I didn't add a config as I'm trying to understand how to do this first on a mik

Cheers everyone

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: multi WAN & Vlan internet setup

Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:51 pm

No need to use vlans for WAN in a straight up scenario.

Ruah
just joined
Topic Author

Re: multi WAN & Vlan internet setup

Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:44 pm

True, only reason was because the uplink is via another p2p that has all the vlans on it. .

There isn't a way to get a direct link just yet.