Community discussions

MikroTik App

sdsylva
just joined
Topic Author

Help with CRS310-8g+2S+IN

Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:36 pm

Recently purchased this and was initially able to login to it and switched it over to a static IP and updated the firmware then hit the reboot button. Now I cannot access it and when I restart the switch the fans rev up to max and no port activity lights come on. I have tried accessing via winbox (not even detecting the switch) and webui. My router is not picking up the switch in its DHCP lease or connected device listing.

I have tried a factory rest and accessing it (on IP 192.168.88.1) from a dedicated wired ethernet connection in ports 1 & 8 with a manual IP of 192.168.88.2 on the client PC using winbox and webui, again with no activity lights on the ports and winbox not detecting it. The fan stays at max revs. I have subsequently tried to put it into netinstall mode but netinstall cannot find it (used a dedicated PC to switch connection, all other network ports on PC disconnected and manual IP set as above).

Does anybody have any ideas or is it borked and do I need a replacement?

Thanks

sdsylva
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help with CRS310-8g+2S+IN

Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:17 pm

Now all sorted. Managed to get netinstall working (set server client IP to same address as PC, duh). Have reloaded RouterOS to switch and got it working. Now in bridge mode and has static IP on my network. My understanding is that this switch does not work with SwOS so will keep it in bridge mode on RouterOS.