Topic Author

CAPsMAN across "wireless" and "wifi-qcom" package

Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:45 am

Hi!

I have the following setup:

* RB3011UiAS (core router)
* cAPGi-5HaxD2HaxD (access point)
* RB2011UiAS-2HnD (office router)
* RB951Ui-2nD (connect workshop, surveillance cam, and some sensors to the network)

The RB3011UiAS run the CAPsMAN server. Here I manage the cAPGi-5HaxD2HaxD, which has the "wifi-qcom" package installed. Now I want to manage the radios from RB2011UiAS-2HnD and RB951Ui-2nD with CAPsMAN as well (both MIPSBE architecture). Both uses the legacy "wireless" package, so I am not sure how to integrate these devices into the CAPsMAN server.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAPsMAN across "wireless" and "wifi-qcom" package

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am

CAPsMAN for legacy (wireless) and wave2 (wifi-qcom ...) radios are two distinct entites and have to be configured separately. With ROS 7.13+ it is possible to run both CAPsMAN instances on the same device, but it needs legacy wireless package installed (even if device itself doesn't have any wireless hardware).

Then CAPsMAN for legacy wireless is configured under /capsman and CAPsMAN for new wifi is configured under /interface/wifi ...

f008600
just joined
Topic Author

Re: CAPsMAN across "wireless" and "wifi-qcom" package

Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:11 pm

Took me a while to figure it out how to configure it with the legacy wifi package, but it works!
Sadly tho, I can not share the configuration between wifi and legacy wifi, but thats ok.
Thanks!