Community discussions

MikroTik App

tookiehr
just joined
Topic Author

RB941 searching for network

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:58 am

Hi, recently we have put in production Wi-Fi AP's (cAPGi-5HaxD2HaxD). We have several Hap lite (RB941) and we cannot connect them to AP's, It just says searching for network. We use them in pseudo bridge mode and everything was working until new AP's were placed. i tried to reset HAP, upgrade it to ROS 7 but no results. I tried to to connect to my mobile hotspot and everything was working. Any help would be appreciated.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB941 searching for network

Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:56 am

pseudobridge on a device using the old wireless drivers cannot connect to a device using the new drivers.
so you need to use normal station mode, not pseudobridge.
of course that changes the functionality. you may have to make some config changes e.g. change from bridge to router mode in these clients.

tookiehr
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:30 pm

Thank you. When i changed mode on RB941 from B/G to B/G/N it connected to WiFi. Then i had problem because RB941 didn't want to get IP from DHCP. Then it got IP but i didn't get IP on my laptop that was connected to RB941 even i connected to ether port that was in the same bridge as WiFi.
And then my WiFi network crashed. As soon as i disconnected RB941 everything was working again.

Basically i was using RB941 to connect to WiFi and all ports were bridged in the same bridge. I had connected linux machine to RB941 and i would get IP. Was working good when i had Asus AP.

Maybe the solution is to buy some news HAP's?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:39 pm

Thank you. When i changed mode on RB941 from B/G to B/G/N it connected to WiFi. Then i had problem because RB941 didn't want to get IP from DHCP. Then it got IP but i didn't get IP on my laptop that was connected to RB941 even i connected to ether port that was in the same bridge as WiFi.
As I already wrote, you CANNOT connect a RB941 to a new AP using station-pseudobridge. That means you CANNOT put the WiFi in the bridge.
You would need to buy at least a hAP ax2.

Another solution is to re-configure your existing RB941 to router mode. Probably easiest to do that using quickset.
The WiFi has to be in station mode (not station-pseudobridge) and it must NOT be part of a bridge.
Put DHCP client on it. On the local bridge, put only the ethernet ports and a DHCP server, with IP range different from the range used on WiFi.
Then the RB941 will work as a NAT router and it will work fine.

tookiehr
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:49 am

As I already wrote, you CANNOT connect a RB941 to a new AP using station-pseudobridge. That means you CANNOT put the WiFi in the bridge.
You would need to buy at least a hAP ax2.

Another solution is to re-configure your existing RB941 to router mode. Probably easiest to do that using quickset.
The WiFi has to be in station mode (not station-pseudobridge) and it must NOT be part of a bridge.
Put DHCP client on it. On the local bridge, put only the ethernet ports and a DHCP server, with IP range different from the range used on WiFi.
Then the RB941 will work as a NAT router and it will work fine.
Thank you verry much and have a good day.