Community discussions

MikroTik App

johnb175a
just joined
Topic Author

Downgrade remote station over PtP link

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 pm

I need to downgrade a SXT 5GHz PtP link from 7.x to 6.x. I realize I need to uninstall the 7.x wireless package before performing the routeros downgrade, but I can't do that as I believe uninstalling the wireless package will cause a disconnect. The only means of communicating with the remote station is via the Wi-Fi link. Is there a procedure for this besides driving out to the remote station and downgrading it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Downgrade remote station over PtP link

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 pm

I'm affraid you may have to drive.

Unless the following succeeeds. You can try (in lab first!) to do both uninstall and downgrade in single step:
  1. upload the routeros package (desired version, e.g. 6.49.14)
  2. mark wireless package for uninstallation
  3. request downgrade
  4. reboot ... and keep fingers crossed

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:54 pm

If only the configuration does not resist on 7 funcionality as after downgrade configuration could be a mess or even some settings could vanish.

johnb175a
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:18 pm

It was running 6.49.13 for a long time with no issues. The remote side has several IP cameras transmitting over the wireless link. I upgraded to 7.14.2 and have been seeing drops sporadically (5 to 10 seconds). System logs show nothing happening when it occurs, no dropping of the link or anything. I tried pointing the SXT to another close AP and adding it to he connect list to see if it was something with the main AP, but the problem persisted. I tried 7.15beta9 and had the same results. I figured the next step was to downgrade to 6.49.14 and see if there are any improvements. The config is very simple and I've looked it over but cannot figure out why it's dropping which is causing skips in the recording video. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts please share and I'll try them out. Maybe something in 7.x that I am unaware of is causing this issue. Thanks again.

johnb175a
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm

I still have not downgraded. I've been messing around with the settings some before I attempt the downgrade. I've noticed on the remote side SXT if I disable chain0 TX and leave RX enabled and leave chain1 enabled the problem disappears. Anyone have any idea why this would be happening. Like I said earlier in 6.x versions everything worked perfectly and I haven't made a config changes.