Community discussions

MikroTik App

elhiilkpym
just joined
Topic Author

Segregate ethernet/management port for just management

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 pm

I have a range of mikrotik switches, but in general I have a lot of CRS326-24S+2Q+RM switches. They have a MGMT/BOOT port on the right hand side and I have been having one heck of a time getting it to talk correctly. I had someone tell me that I could just remove it from the port group, assign an IP to it and call it a day. Under IP Adresses, yes I can assign an IP to it. I am not sure what I put in network though. I put the IP in CIDR, but network I put .0 becauase its not asking gateway or is it asking gateway?

However under bridge, ports, it doesn't let me not select a bridge for the port. So how do I just remove that, and set it up to have internet so I can update the switch and stuff from my management network.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Segregate ethernet/management port for just management

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 am

If you're on Winbox, you just select the port and click "-" (minus sign). On the CLI:
/interface bridge port remove [ find interface=[ find default-name=ether1 ] ]

elhiilkpym
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:11 pm

cannot remove bridge port ether1 - timeout.

So I went into the default config at 192.168.88.1, went to IP Addresses and assigned it to Ether1, then hid the minus sign from the bridge and it timed out.

TheCat12
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm

You should connect from a different port than the ether1 or if you can't connect anymore, then you have successfully removed the port from the bridge and you just need to assign a static address on your computer to be able to connect and set up DHCP server, etc.

elhiilkpym
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:50 pm

I may have it. webfig just may be broken. I can SSH into it (I also set a new IP), but the webportal doesn't show up. My only issue isI can only connect to the ether1 port, my laptop doesn't have SFP+ and I don't have an sfp+ to copper module, the ubnt ones do not work. I have to order a bunch from FS.

Nevermind - browsers default to https. :oops: