just joined
Topic Author

How to map my public IP to be equal with one local ip

Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi everyone,
Can anyone help me with one to one mapping. I tried netmap but it doesn't work

This is the design I want:

This is my sample config:

Basically what I want to do is that I want to access my public ports 128.16.4.19-22 and still can access my servers (static ip) with no problems. Actually my plan eventually is to put a firewall in these ports. Thanks

Robert

devolution
just joined

Re: How to map my public IP to be equal with one local ip

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 pm

i just figured this out with some help from members here. you need to add each public IP you want to the address list and assign them to the WAN interface to allow multiple external IPs to come through on a single interface.

here's the screen from WinBox with my configuration:

once you've done this, set up DNAT rules (with action "dst-nat" to the destination address/port you want) to route the traffic where you want it to go. i use DNAT with only specific port forwards to create a firewall setup that allows only the traffic i need to get through. this is particularly useful for Remote Desktop, as i can set up non-standard ports from the outside without having to change individual workstations' port config for RDP.

hope this helps you get up and running.

sunspotrd
just joined
Topic Author

SOLVED-Re: How to map my public IP to be equal with one loca

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

i

once you've done this, set up DNAT rules (with action "dst-nat" to the destination address/port you want) to route the traffic where you want it to go. i use DNAT with only specific port forwards to create a firewall setup that allows only the traffic i need to get through. this is particularly useful for Remote Desktop, as i can set up non-standard ports from the outside without having to change individual workstations' port config for RDP.

hope this helps you get up and running.
I tried it and it already works. I seem to have the same config except that I put a value on my destination-port on my dst-nat rule. Thanks

Rob