Community discussions

MikroTik App

BobcatGuy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

How to connect to RB SXT 5G-5HPacD WIth disabled Ether 1

Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:02 am

So yea, I accidently disabled Ether 1, and can no longer connect to it. The last thing I did was switch it from station to AP Bridge mode. However, I left the Freq to " Auto "

I have another SXT that I scan and find this other one, I know the SSID and security keys, and try to connect to it, but does not connect.

The problem is, that the SXT with the disabled Ether 1 port is on a tower.

What I cant figure out why it will not connect. When I put my second SXT is AP Bridge mode, I have one of the clients that connected to the tower SXT connect to the one I am testing the connection with. So I know the keys are right etc, otherwise this one client would not connect. It is within close range to my test SXT. I figured I would just connect to it wirelessly and enable Ether 1 again, slap myself, and never do it again.

Any other ideas how to get access to the device to enable ether 1?

p.s. I have tried with no security keys as well, thought that maybe I changed that bu accident too. But it does show up with a " APRB " when scanning with the test SXT. so there is keys used, and the only one that I had configured in there are known.

:-(

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Re: How to connect to RB SXT 5G-5HPacD WIth disabled Ether 1

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Ouch... I feel your pain!

have you tried power cycling it? Maybe the "auto" is causing it to continously hop to different channels if it's on a crowded place...

Are you sure you're using the correct keys? Does it use wireless ACLs? Which protocol are you using, nv2?

BobcatGuy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: How to connect to RB SXT 5G-5HPacD WIth disabled Ether 1

Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:16 am

was on 802.11, did the power cycle. had the proper keys.

I ended up climbing the tower to get it down and exchange it.

I did some testing in the office with another one. It appears as if when you switch it from STATION BRIDGE or AP BRIDGE modes, even though the " Security Profile" in winbox shows the one I used, I called it SETUP, but there was also default security profile. So it shows the profile that I was using originally, but when I click apply, the default security profile is used. I only seen this because I had access to the test device through ether and wireless.

The issue came up when I did that change above, but accidently disabled the ether 1 on the SXT, so I had no connectivity to it. I intended on disable the wireless interface then enable it. Since the security profile changed on me without intentions. This problem was re-producible every time I tried it.

I have since continued to use only the default keys, instead of creating a new profile. This was literally the first time I used more then one profile on a device for PtP link. I just used one called "Setup" for what I was setting up.