just joined

Re: Report "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" attribute for PPPoE

Wed May 23, 2018 4:16 pm

+1 !!

fredyz
just joined

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:19 pm

I've read the full thread and this show the total lack of touch from the guys from Latvia. They are completely stubborn and it seems as much as people show the need for that feature they seem to play a kids' game and say "I am not doing it".

We are in middle-2018 and IPv4 has ran out for a long time ago and there is not even a clue about this issue. They don`t give a damn. They are concerned about other totally different things.

It shows also a complete lack of management skills from the people in charge for bringing the necessary features in time and from those who have to develop it. Show general mess from top to bottom. Worst is: people in charge must believe they are doing a fantastic job by prioritizing "who knows what".

This is yet another example of this total mess and huge ego from these guys.

This post probably will be censored as soon as they read it and they will probably find it "unfair".

Stop fooling yourselves asking repetitively for them to do this as a beggar does. They are probably laughing of it.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Hi, I see some hint that MikroTik has quietly added partial support for Delegated-IPv6-Prefix, look here

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... US_Support

They don't mention it but look at radreply. Maybe it isn't fully there yet but it looks like they are working on it.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Oh .. interesting. Time to play with rc releases.

/M
Communication is the beginning of understanding
-- AT&T

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:43 pm

Apparently now is supported this attribute after some years... according to the wiki.
Which says it was added the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix to radius client on 6.43rc.

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:R ... ess-Accept

Edit:

This appears on the changelog of 6.43rc51.
*) dhcpv6-server - added additional RADIUS parameters for Prefix delegation, "rate-limit" and "life-time";
Last edited by null31 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:47 pm

Good news!!! It remains to wait for 6.43 and test, test and test.
CMDR Saaremaa (Gutamaya Sierra Alpha Alpha)

thg3x
just joined

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:20 pm

Has anyone managed to work with radius delivering the prefix-delegation to the client router, using the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute? It still does not work here.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Has anyone managed to work with radius delivering the prefix-delegation to the client router, using the Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute? It still does not work here.
Which client router are you testing with ?

/M
Communication is the beginning of understanding
-- AT&T

thg3x
just joined

Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:51 pm

I used a
DLink DIR-615 Hardware version .: T1 Firmware .: 20.11
and a ONU Fiberhome AN5506-04-F Hardware Version .: WKE2.134.285F2G Software Version .: RP2599 (00.00)

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:31 am

RADIUS should not "deliver the delegation to the client router", instead it should somehow configure the DHCPv6 server on the router to hand out a specified prefix to the client instead of just any available prefix. Do you see any visible indication that it has done this when the client router connects? Are you testing this with PPPoE or just plain IPv6/DHCP?

They now officially list support: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:R ... ess-Accept

"Delegated-IPv6-Prefix - IPv6 Prefix. Added in v6.43"

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

CCR1016-12G 6.43.1 - "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" attribute for PPPoE not work.
Billing gives radius attributes, but the router does not create a dynamic DHCP IPV6 server
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

thg3x
just joined

Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:00 pm

RADIUS should not "deliver the delegation to the client router", instead it should somehow configure the DHCPv6 server on the router to hand out a specified prefix to the client instead of just any available prefix. Do you see any visible indication that it has done this when the client router connects? Are you testing this with PPPoE or just plain IPv6/DHCP?

They now officially list support: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:R ... ess-Accept

"Delegated-IPv6-Prefix - IPv6 Prefix. Added in v6.43"
We are testing through pppoe.
Using the framed ipv6 addres attribute for the ppp connection and the delegated-ipv6-prefix attribute to create the Dynamic DHCP server in Mikortik and assign the prefix delegation to the client router.
In the Mikrotik radius settings, we set ppp and dhcp.

In case it establishes the ppp connection, it creates the dynamic server in the mikrotik dhchpv6 server, but does not dynamically binding, and the client router does not receive the PD prefix.

I noticed that in this version, even if you let Mikrotik deliver the pool, setting the DHCP POOL-PD profile or using the Prefix-Delagation-Pool attribute and pointing to the pool created in Mikrotik, it does not work, while in version 6.42 .7 works.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Billing gives radius attributes, but the router does not create a dynamic DHCP IPV6 server
Verify that under IPv6->Addresses the PPPoE client is getting an IPv6 link local address assigned. If not, it is because IPv6CP negotiation is not happening, this happens if IPv6 was set to "no" in the profile on the client side, and in this case a DHCPv6 server will not be created.

Since it is a new option, I'm also not sure if in the concentrator's PPP profile you perhaps need to choose the DHCPv6 PD pool option along with a "default" pool that it should assign from if the customer has no Delegated-IPv6-Prefix?

thg3x
just joined

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:45 pm

Verify that under IPv6->Addresses the PPPoE client is getting an IPv6 link local address assigned. If not, it is because IPv6CP negotiation is not happening, this happens if IPv6 was set to "no" in the profile on the client side, and in this case a DHCPv6 server will not be created.

Since it is a new option, I'm also not sure if in the concentrator's PPP profile you perhaps need to choose the DHCPv6 PD pool option along with a "default" pool that it should assign from if the customer has no Delegated-IPv6-Prefix?
In my case, in version 6.42.7 with the same configuration on cliente router , when i set only ipv6-framed to be delivery by radius and use Mikrotik-Delagated-IPv6-Pool to use a pool created on Mikrotik, works fine.

I hoped with this option, I could deliver both the prefix for the ppp connection and the prefix-delagation through the radius.
But this does not happen, and the attribute that worked in version 6.42.7, stopped working in version 6.43. That is the question.

In case the IPV6 CP negotiation occurs normally, because it receives the block / 64 set in the radius, create the dynamic dhcp server in the Mikrotik, but the client router (the same used in test with 6.42.7 version) does not receive the pool.

In addition to not solving this management question all allocation of ip by radius, it stopped working what already worked in the previous version.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 pm

I hoped with this option, I could deliver both the prefix for the ppp connection and the prefix-delagation through the radius.
But this does not happen, and the attribute that worked in version 6.42.7, stopped working in version 6.43. That is the question.
I wonder if the reason it stopped working is because they added the new attribute: Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool

The old attribute Mikrotik-Delegated-IPv6-Pool may no longer be needed (since it is the same thing as Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool) and they have removed it? Or maybe they didn't mean to remove it, but adding the new attribute Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool that does the same thing somehow unintentionally broke the old one.

Try using Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool instead of Mikrotik-Delegated-IPv6-Pool

thg3x
just joined

Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:20 pm

I wonder if the reason it stopped working is because they added the new attribute: Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool

The old attribute Mikrotik-Delegated-IPv6-Pool may no longer be needed (since it is the same thing as Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool) and they have removed it? Or maybe they didn't mean to remove it, but adding the new attribute Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool that does the same thing somehow unintentionally broke the old one.

Try using Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool instead of Mikrotik-Delegated-IPv6-Pool
I try Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-Pool and have the same situation.
Dynamic DHCP server is created, but binding is not done and the router does not receive the PD.

whaiser
just joined

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 pm

+1
Same issue here!

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:29 pm

On client side PPPoE client is getting an IPv6 link local address assigned - fe80::f/64 and nothing Global IPV6
Why would I assign a DHCPv6 PD pool manually in PPP-profile? I think it should be assigned automatically.

Ok, I set manually in the DHCPv6 PD pool name in profile. After reconnecting the PPP client, the DHCP server was dynamically created, but the ipv6 is not assigned to the client. Is there any instruction from a Mikrotik-developers how to do it correctly?

gondim
just joined

Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Same problem here. Even though upgrading to version 6.43.1, the problem still continues.
On the same routerboard if I return to version 6.40.9, the DHCPv6 PD Pool returns to normal operation. Without changing any configuration on the routeros.
A problem exists, you can be sure of that.

fredyz
just joined

Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:53 am

Same problem here as reported by thg3x

In version 6.43 in both DHCP Server or PPPoE the Dynamic DHCP server is created, but binding is not done and the CPE does not receive the PD.
Downgrading to version 6.42.7 makes it work again.

If radius parameters wasn't working as expected it would not even create the dynamic DHCP Server upon connection. Also this has been tested with all parameters local with and without PPPoE and none worked.

minelli

Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 am

Same problem here.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 am

Confirmed, I did a bit of debugging and I see what is happening - the client requests a prefix from the DHCPv6 server, the server says "binding not found" and gives a zero second lease of prefix ::/0 to the client, so the MikroTik client successfully gets a "lease" of ::/0, which expires after one second, and so the client follows up one second later to renew the lease, and every second thereafter continuously.

If I manually create the DHCPv6 binding and associate the prefix, client DUID and IAID, it gets the prefix.

Certainly a major bug - I wonder how this got through testing?

thg3x
just joined

Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Another thing I realized was that in version 6.42.7, mikrotik creates the dynamic dhcp-server without the use-radius option, while version 6.43, it creates the dynamic dhcp-server with the use-radius=no option.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Another thing I realized was that in version 6.42.7, mikrotik creates the dynamic dhcp-server without the use-radius option, while version 6.43, it creates the dynamic dhcp-server with the use-radius=no option.
That's because the use-radius option was only added in 6.43, it did not exist in 6.42.7. This difference is not a mistake, it is only different because the setting did not exist before.

radekmacek
just joined

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi, we have PPPoE customers and we want to assign IPv6 prefix /56 using Delegated-IPv6-Prefix as well. After some debugging there seems to be same issue in current version 6.43.2.

Radius server sends Delegated-IPv6-Prefix /56 to our router, but no DHCPv6 server is created for the OE tunnel.

If we create IPv6 pool: "OE_pool_v6" /40, prefix /56 , then put it to profile DHCPv6 PD pool. After that, upon connection, DHCPv6 server is created but prefix that it delegates does not match Delegated-IPv6-Prefix /56 sent by Raidus server. It takes first /56 from OE_pool_v6.
Tried the same with Delegated-IPv6-Prefix-pool set. But the result was the same.

I guess mikrotik just ignores received Delegated-IPv6-Prefix and takes the local one. Same behavior for version 6.42.7, 6.43., 6.43.1 and between tile and powerpc. Hope it will be fixed soon. Don't want to create /56 for each customer...

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:27 pm

6.43 version introduces this feature for DHCP service. You are trying to use it with PPP service. Currently such feature is not supported.

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:50 pm

You are trying to use it with PPP service. Currently such feature is not supported.
In which version will be support the "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" attribute for PPPoE ? Very much needed.

thg3x
just joined

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:22 pm

6.43 version introduces this feature for DHCP service. You are trying to use it with PPP service. Currently such feature is not supported.
I dont understand why the Mikrotik-IPv6-Delagated-Pool stop to working in this version while workinkg in previous version, if Mikrotik only introduces the new features for dhcp.
Sounds weird to me!

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:21 pm

I dont understand why the Mikrotik-IPv6-Delagated-Pool stop to working in this version while workinkg in previous version, if Mikrotik only introduces the new features for dhcp.
Sounds weird to me!
It is not only Mikrotik-Delegated-IPv6-Pool that doesn't work. DHCPv6 prefix delegation over PPP tunnels is completely broken and doesn't work even if you don't use any IPv6 RADIUS attributes. The simple standard configuration of setting the "DHCPV6 PD Pool" in the PPP profile does not work, the client cannot get a DHCPv6 prefix. I do not understand why this is not fixed yet. It is not even possible currently to use this new version for the MikroTik IPv6 engineer training because the config for the training would not work.

gondim
just joined

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi all,

What stopped working was the DHCPv6 PD Pool that is in the attached image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DuhBatista
just joined

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:35 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

In fact, in my tests, the DHCPv6 PD pool no longer works. Either by mikrotik in the ppp profile or via radius the way I used it here.
I have done all the tests in this version, this option is not functional, the DUAL-STACK clients do not receive the prefix via DHCPv6 via DP pool.Pv6 via DP pool

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:15 am

Good afternoon everyone,

In fact, in my tests, the DHCPv6 PD pool no longer works. Either by mikrotik in the ppp profile or via radius the way I used it here.
I have done all the tests in this version, this option is not functional, the DUAL-STACK clients do not receive the prefix via DHCPv6 via DP pool.Pv6 via DP pool
Yes, the same thing is happening to all of us. It has been broken for three weeks now, since 6.43 was released. It essentially breaks IPv6 services for clients.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Looks like it is fixed in the 6.44 beta:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=139057&start=50#p689985
*) dhcpv6-server - recreate DHCPv6 server binding if it is no longer within prefix pool when rebinding/renewing;

DuhBatista
just joined

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm going to test today.

thg3x
just joined

Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 pm

*) dhcpv6-server - recreate DHCPv6 server binding if it is no longer within prefix pool when rebinding/renewing;
I did a test yesterday, it worked again as it worked in version 6.42.7, but I still can not get radius to assign the pools, it is still necessary to create the pools in mikrotik. In my understanding nothing new, since the interests us is the full integration with the radius, not to create several pools in Mikrotik and only point these pools in radius.

DuhBatista
just joined

Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

Truth. What else is to do the log report prefix in delegation, for security reasons to identify the user for future action. You do not have to run v6 without this dhcpv6 log.

marekm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:41 pm

Does this mean 6.44 will finally support running a dual-stack PPPoE server with RADIUS auth? Or are these fixes still only for DHCP?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Does this mean 6.44 will finally support running a dual-stack PPPoE server with RADIUS auth? Or are these fixes still only for DHCP?
That fix is for everything, but 6.44 only currently supports the attribute over DHCPv6, not PPP tunnels

I would hope that they are adding support for the attribute to PPP tunnels as well, but haven't heard anything on this yet.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:59 pm

While implementing new features in DHCP RADIUS services we did make some changes in a way how DhCPv6 server works and as a result starting from v6.43 some of the DHCPv6 clients could not get prefix. For example, RouterOS DHCPv6 client did work just fine with our server.

Next 6.43 release and 6.44beta21 will contain fix for this problem. So PPPoE with DHCPv6 PD should work exactly the same as it did before v6.43.

marekm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:16 pm

Next 6.43 release and 6.44beta21 will contain fix for this problem. So PPPoE with DHCPv6 PD should work exactly the same as it did before v6.43.
So PPPoE *client* will work as it did, but how about PPPoE *server* with DHCPv6 PD and Delegated-IPv6-Prefix attribute (which didn't work without workarounds like manually creating many pools)?

saaremaa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:20 pm

So PPPoE with DHCPv6 PD should work exactly the same as it did before v6.43.
manually create pools again? We need to create pools automatically with Radius for PPPoE.

omidkosari
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:55 pm

So PPPoE with DHCPv6 PD should work exactly the same as it did before v6.43.
manually create pools again? We need to create pools automatically with Radius for PPPoE.
+1

Without that ipv6 for pppoe clients is nightmare .
MTCNA , MTCRE, MTCWE, Mikrotik Certified Trainer

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:35 pm

Changes regarding pools are not reverted. Fix changes how "solicit" packet is processed received from DHCPv6 clients that didn't have "Rapid Commit" enabled.

marekm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Changes regarding pools are not reverted. Fix changes how "solicit" packet is processed received from DHCPv6 clients that didn't have "Rapid Commit" enabled.
Could you give a clear answer about Delegated-IPv6-Prefix support in PPPoE server? Will it work in 6.44 / 6.45 / 7.x ?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:55 am

I will try to clear things up since sees that there has been a huge misunderstanding about RouterOS v6.43 changelog.

RouterOS before v6.43 did not support "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" in any situations.

Then we added this feature in RouterOS:

*) dhcpv6-server - added additional RADIUS parameters for Prefix delegation, "rate-limit" and "life-time";

As topic of changelog entry states - change is made for DHCP service. We have not made any changes for PPP service.

v6.43, v6.43.1 and v6.43.2 did break communication between RouterOS DHCPv6 server and some DHCPv6 clients and in most cases it was noticeable on PPPoE configurations. Now it is fixed and version with fix will be released soon.

In short, if under "/radius" menu you have selected service "DHCP", then "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" is supported. If under "/radius" menu you have selected "PPP" service, then "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" is not supported at the moment.
FF0000
One step at the time - we added "Delegated-IPv6-Prefix" suport for DHCP in v6.43, we will see what we can do about PPP service in future RouterOS releases.

omidkosari
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Thanks for clarification and hope for implement same feature for ppp in near time
MTCNA , MTCRE, MTCWE, Mikrotik Certified Trainer

littlecake
just joined

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:45 pm

I hope also that they will do it, we are doing this think wery dirty way with scripts on AP and client side now.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:52 pm

While feature is not implemented, you may use such workaround:

1) Add new pool with prefix that you want to assign to your PPPoE client;
2) Add new PPP profile and select this pool;
3) Send from RADIUS "Mikrotik-Group" parameter which is equal with this profile name.

This option is present in RouterOS starting from v6.42:
*) ppp - allow to override remote user PPP profile via "Mikrotik-Group"

marekm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 pm

1) Add new pool with prefix that you want to assign to your PPPoE client;
2) Add new PPP profile and select this pool;
3) Send from RADIUS "Mikrotik-Group" parameter which is equal with this profile name.
The workaround may be fine when testing IPv6 on just a few customers, but doesn't scale well to hundreds/thousands of them.
The confusion is probably a result of IPv6 PPPoE also using DHCPv6 over link-local addresses configured by IPv6CP (unlike IPv4 PPPoE which configures global IPv4 addresses using IPCP, without DHCP). So when you say you fixed DHCPv6 with RADIUS attributes, it wasn't clear that PPPoE is a special case which is not yet supported.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:37 am

I did a test yesterday, it worked again as it worked in version 6.42.7, but I still can not get radius to assign the pools, it is still necessary to create the pools in mikrotik. In my understanding nothing new, since the interests us is the full integration with the radius, not to create several pools in Mikrotik and only point these pools in radius.
This fix from 6.44beta is now supposedly in 6.43.4 but I am still having the same problem, whereas 6.42.7 worked fine. I'm wondering if they somehow accidentally left the fix out of 6.43.4 even though it is in the changelog. Can you test the behavior on your side with 6.43.4?